MODELS for Heroes

• Thread starter Deleted member 5496
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5496

Yep, 1:1 scale LoL. Trouble is, my RA makes it a slow process as I bruise easily and can get joint problems if I do too much at once. Pushed myself too hard reflashing the lean too garage roof a couple of weeks back and have had to rest up while the damaged bits of the body heal ready for the next onslaught…
Yes I bruise easily Tim. Skin thinning. Mainly cause i am vintage.

Great improvement. Fontus AproDerm.

It is pertoleum products free which is number 1. Found it protects the skin makes it more supple.

Slosh it on as the skin just absorbs it. All natural products of the land. Making the skin supple less likelihood of bruising.

Alternative get "her in doors" to do it.

Laurie

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thanks for that Laurie. It won’t help my issue unfortunately. I don’t bruise on the surface. My problem is caused by the meds I take to control RA and the bruising I sometimes experience is on deeper tissues. The most recent were on the intercostal muscles of my chest, caused by stretching over the edge of a scaffold set up to work at arms length. Made it painful to breathe for a while…..better now though!

D

Deleted member 5496

Thanks for that Laurie. It won’t help my issue unfortunately. I don’t bruise on the surface. My problem is caused by the meds I take to control RA and the bruising I sometimes experience is on deeper tissues. The most recent were on the intercostal muscles of my chest, caused by stretching over the edge of a scaffold set up to work at arms length. Made it painful to breathe for a while…..better now though!

You need special therapy Tim. Which I undertook. With out consultation.

Suffered lower back pain wore a surgical corset for 30 odd years. Went to film a racing car hill climb.
Racing car went berserk hit me & 3 others. Not suffered back pain since. although it did break the pelvis in 3 places.

I died in hospital. but some kind soul took pity. :tongue-out:

Laurie

D

Deleted member 7917

Suffered lower back pain wore a surgical corset for 30 odd years. Went to film a racing car hill climb.
Racing car went berserk hit me & 3 others. Not suffered back pain since. although it did break the pelvis in 3 places.
I used to get 2 or 3 ophthalmic migraines on average every week since childhood. It's now exactly 12 months since I had a major stroke and I haven't had a migraine since. Although very effective, I don't recommend the treatment.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Don’t think the NHS are going to offer either of those as treatment any time soon….glad there was a silver lining in both cases though. I really sympathise regarding migraines. I have also had them since childhood, but not that frequently. For those that think they are “just a headache” (weird I know, but they still exist) think back to the worst hangover you’ve ever had….that’s fairly close to a typical migraine, but you don’t get the really fun night out before it!

D

Deleted member 5496

Think we have 3 heroes here. :rolling:

When do we get our free models :smiling2:

Laurie

D

Deleted member 7917

There is usually no pain associated with ophthalmic migraine, just a fantastic show of 'lightning bolts' in the retina. The only discomfort is that until the electrical disturbance abates, it's nigh impossible to read anything. So I'm certainly no hero, Laurie, however, I've had chronic lower back pain for over 50 years from an injury when young. Strangely enough, I'm more aware of the pain when I have the rare day without any as it feels so good.