Modern .50cal container

B

Brian394

Hi,

Currently building the Ryw Field M-Atv and I'm wanting to add some extra 50cal ammo tins into the stowage.

I've been googling an looking through this and multiple other forums and online shops, but cant find any modern .50cal boxes, in the UK (or with reasonable postage).

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
If you put this into Amazon they have some available. AFV Club 1:35 - .30 Cal/.50 Cal/ 40 mm Ammunition and Ammunition Boxes - AFV35035

B

Brian394

Thanks to you both for helping, it is appreciated.

Steve, I had seen them and kept bouncing back to them, but was hoping to find something with abit quicker delivery (life is so hard sometimes...).

Jack, I've trawled through ebay multiple times today with different phrases and never chanced upon them. Dont think they have decals with them tho, and I've yet to find decal sets (I have primarily looked for archer decals however).

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Thanks to you both for helping, it is appreciated.

Steve, I had seen them and kept bouncing back to them, but was hoping to find something with abit quicker delivery (life is so hard sometimes...).

Jack, I've trawled through ebay multiple times today with different phrases and never chanced upon them. Dont think they have decals with them tho, and I've yet to find decal sets (I have primarily looked for archer decals however).
No I think you are right - no decals. There were stand alone decal packs, but at a similar price to the actual cases. Otherwise you are looking abroad.

Or these https://ebay.us/SMdQeo although can't tell much about them. Vietnam era but I think you would get away with them.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
The AFV Club set is available from lots of places, not just Amazon, and is quite good. The modern cans are, to the best of my knowledge, identical to the Vietnam-era ones.