Modifying a 1/16 Dragon British Airborne Figure

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi,
I did a bit of toning for the face and added highlights and shadows. The highlights and shadows on the image you see below are painted in and not from the lighting. You can compare it with the next photo of it before the touch up. Mind you I haven't added the green tones for his five o'clock shadow on his chin and jaws.

34.jpg

Notice even with subtle shadowing it still looked flat how flat compared with the next photo with heavier shadowing and the usage of white for the highlights. The greens will tone down the reddishness once I've tackled it.

P32.jpg 35.jpg

The close up shows the shoddy paintwork and washes I did to the uniform. The only part I spent time was the rope but it still can be improved.
Thanks for looking in.

Cheers,
Richard

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Awesome Richard. He has a touch of the Johny Frosts about him. Great stuff:thumb2:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Steve, Johnny Frost must have been one heIluva leader, most picture I see in references show the lads in his company having a cheerful nature or eccentric like the one who carried a brolly into battle. I will also be working on the base to add more debris.

Cheers,
Richard