Modulation and Blending

J

John Rixon

Very true about artists creating those effects over centuries, except I'm no artist :D  haha

Yeah I think post shading is the way it will have to be. I've done a full base coat on the Stug IV and have slightly lightened the dark yellow basecoat with buff to give a lighter shade on top surfaces and panels. I know next will be the gloss coat but after I'm not sure where to start. I have AK Dark Yellow wash, which at the time when I bought it I swore it said filter but nevermind and I also have a black and sephia wash left over. Not sure wether to coat the tank in the dark yellow wash or not...

You can always thin it further, then it essentially is a filter. Apply one coat and see if you like the effect (I'd be amazed if you don't) these washes are so thin, you are unlikely to ruin it, and can always apply more. I've come around to the conclusion that every model is an experiment! If I like an effect, I usually make notes for future reference, as there are many stages in painting, and easy to miss one out!

First Name
Michaël
AKA smelly white spirit. LOL And expensive.

===>>>> loooool  !!!

Well if i'm out of inspiration, i open all my kinds of chemical thinners 

inhale it to become a master in weathering :smiling3: