Moebius 1/32 scale colonial viper (Original series version)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Here's the completed viper , nice kit no problems and dead simple to build decals went on lovely although two did Tear but that was maybe me and my shovels for hands

I've weathered it with gun metal as for research purposes I watched the classic movie on Blu ray and noticed that the light reflected off the weathered models when they turned into the light although I have made mine more prominent

For the main body of the ship I used satin humbrol acrylic 167 , this is maybe not the best to DB with as it got very sticky and dragged on the surface

Here's the pics View attachment 78139

View attachment 78140

View attachment 78141

View attachment 78142

View attachment 78143

View attachment 78144

View attachment 78145

View attachment 78146

View attachment 78147

This next one is a comparison between the old viper and the new viper View attachment 78148

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Rose tinted specs on but, the original looks so much better. Top work and great detailing and weathering.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Rose tinted specs on but, the original looks so much better. Top work and great detailing and weathering.Si:smiling3:
Cheers buddy :smiling3:

I think why people of our era like the old one is because they made a model for the show and you could tell seeing it on screen the new one is computer generated and although it looks much better on screen it looks false

But I like the old one due to it looking better , the shape , the size and the fact in space you don't need a racing car look , it's basic , it's raw , it's got a masculine ' I've had seven pints and I'll smash your face in !' Feel to it and not a a ' hairdressers look to it ' :smiling3:

P

Polux

Fantastic build. I like very much the subtle weathering and the general paint work.

You have done justice to this classic!

Polux

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys I appreciate your kind words

A

Armorbuilder65

Awesome! Clean build and the paint/weathering is perfect:smiling3:

This is a great time for senior citizens like me! So many great subjects from my childhood to choose from.

Robert

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thanks for that Robert I appreciate that , after seeing your raider I had a look at this build and noticed some little things I can adjust to give it a better look :smiling3:

T

treyzx10r

They both look great Alan. Nice job on the weathering.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
like them both as well, i think you have done a top job,with the painting ,detail, and weathering, :D

well done, ;)

was a fan of the older ones as well,:rolleyes:

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Top build Alan

Lee :smiling3: