Moisture spitting from AB - solved :)

V

Vajled

Hello all,

Mybe this info will help someone.

My second compressor is this little fellow

and I dont know why, what condition, etc. after working with AB and him, AB start to spitt moisture. It's very frustrating thing.

1 step :smiling3:

Go to store, gas station, somewhere where you can buy CAR GAS FILTER

2 step...

Install filter like I did, and problem is solved :smiling3:

For now all is working perfect :smiling3:

It's very cheap solution, GAS FILTER of that kind is in Croatia arround 2 $

Cheers,

Roman

Last edited:
M

m1ks

This won't work as a solution long term unfortnately.

These are fuel filters, designed specifically to allow moisture through once the filter paper is saturated and trap detritus, rust particles and foreign bodies introduced into the fuel during transport and tank filling.

You need a 'proper' in line filter which can be had cheaply (off ebay) for example, these are miniaturised versions of the larger ones used in spray shops and purpose built for trapping moisture and allowing air through, they also have a drain valve like the moisture trap on your compressor.

Example here:

Airbrush In-Line Moisture Trap And Air Filter | eBay UK

Hope this helps

A

andygh

Silly question I expect but why do I need one of those in-line jobbies when I already have a moisture trap fitted to the compressor? Doesn't the moisture trap remove 100% of water or summat?:shoot:

V

Vajled

nop, i dont know what is problem with my compresor, but first moisture trap didnt help me at all...

i will see how mutch quality this moisture trap will give me, for now working perfect

M

m1ks

\ said:
Silly question I expect but why do I need one of those in-line jobbies when I already have a moisture trap fitted to the compressor? Doesn't the moisture trap remove 100% of water or summat?:shoot:
the type in the link fits IMMEDIATELY underneath the hose inlet to the AB, if spraying in a humid environmentmoisture can occur in the airline due to atmospheric conditions, the moisture problem happens in all compressors due to condensation, what happens is this device forces air into a tank or airline and the excitement of the air creates friction and generates heat, this in turn leads to temperature differentials inside the unit and outside which creates the moisture, so while the connected device does remove moisture immediately exiting the unit it can still build in the air line itself hence the need for an inline one under the brush more so if you tend to do protracted sessions. Industrial units in garages and sprayshops will always have an inline filter fitted as close to the spraygun as possible, (typical fitment is halfway along the line affixed to the wall leaving enough line to allow the flexibility to walk around a car or van etc), this is comon often with an additional one on the compressor itself but not always.

S

Spyderman_uk

As m1ks states above!

Basically the act of compressing air heats it up. Warm air will hold a lot more moisture in it than cold air will.

The moisture trap at the compressor is not doing much because the air is still hot. Plus it is vibrating with the compressor, which tends to atomise any water droplets back into the airflow.

The further away from the compressor the air cools due to the plumbing. Therefore the nearer to the spraybrush, the better, for fitting a moisture trap.

This time of year is terrible for spraying. Ask any professional! Lol!

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
This time of year is terrible for spraying. Ask any professional! Lol!
I dunno,I spray in the connection between my house and the out house/kazi with a large door to the garden open. At least it's nice and warm at the moment :xyxthumbs: