Monica's Russian BTR-70,with MA-7 Turret,

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Well I,m,one very happy lass,with what,my mate dropped off,I swap him,some painted,German ME,S for it, :D

once again,thank you so much for the pic,s Bob,and it did real ,help as this monster jumped out at me,

real do like the lines and shape of it,I do think I .,will real enjoy this build, :D 9_9

I do have plans of it,not in the ww2,field,but later on ,say more modern tine,and the camo will be ,

some think I have never tried before,as well, O.o

well hope that you like this one,all 220mm of her,

156119-10244.jpg

20160912_180314.jpg

20160912_180324.jpg

20160912_180150.jpg

20160912_180200.jpg

20160912_180212.jpg

20160912_180230.jpg

20160912_180257.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tommy1drop

Another nice subject Monica, looking forward to seeing how this one turns out.

D

dubster72

A nice looking kit Monica, although you'll have to restrain your heavy weathering on this one! ;)

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
after doing the BMP2 ive developed an interest in Russian stuff so will like watching this one going together

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
thank you all so very much ,do appreciate your comments and so glad that you like it, :D

A nice looking kit Monica, although you'll have to restrain your heavy weathering on this one! ;)

glad that you do like this one,Patrick,yes ,yes ,I know,its a matter of these last few touches lol, O.o

but this one I have plans for a whole  different camo,,setting , so it will be done,reasonable  , 9_9

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
well an update on this one,have the crocodile together, 9_9

some parts were a tad bit fiddly,but no major problems,but all in all,a nice build,

next will be the ase coat then,start on my camo,and yes there will be a surprise,as we jump 70 yrs forwards to modern day,

I know maybe some think you should not do,but the Rission,did have a lot of surplus after the war,and things are always found in sheds,

and so on, :D

but It will all tie together,as what setting I,m put it in, o.O

well I do hope you like my idea,time for a wee kip, :D

20160912_180351.jpg

20160914_141206.jpg

20160914_141212.jpg

20160914_141221.jpg

20160914_141232.jpg

20160914_141235.jpg

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
well this is the idea I,m going for, O.o

and I know this is a bit,of a dogs,dinner,But I will be able to fix it up,all just went heads,up

with the paint,the AB,would not spray then splatter,and so on,but no real biggie all can be fix,

and I do like to show when it all cockup as it happens to us all, :D

and plus I got a wee bit lost as well,

20160914_171751.jpg

20160914_171755.jpg

20160914_171800.jpg

20160914_174718.jpg

20160914_174724.jpg

20160914_174730.jpg

Jumbo-Black-White-Grey-Camo-Vinyl-Car-Wrap-Matte-Finished-URBAN-Camouflage-Film-Wrap-With-Air.jpg

ed487678bd87718317f904c224bfdd4f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dubster72

Monica, how do your WIP threads go from sprue shots to the built model??  O.o  I think you've got some kind of stasis field around your workbench!

That camo scheme you're attempting would really have been easier if you'd masked off the colours, rather than doing it freehand. But I'm sure you'll turn a dogs dinner into the dogs danglies  :P

Nice toenail varnish btw ;)

0ne48thtel

Liking the look of this Monica even if you do say it's a dogs dinner right now.

B

Builder

I dont think it looks too bad, many times camo schemes have soft edges especially in modern vehicles that get re-painted quite often. 

D

dubster72

I dont think it looks too bad, many times camo schemes have soft edges especially in modern vehicles that get re-painted quite often. 

I'm not saying it's bad Bob, just that the real life pics Monica posted clearly show a hard-edged pattern.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Monica, how do your WIP threads go from sprue shots to the built model??  O.o

You beat me to it Patrick. It would be nice Monica if you could include some shots of the actual build. It is all part of the process of a group build. I'm not saying you should take a photo of every single part you glue together, but a few more inbetween shots would be interesting. 
You are new to the GB's so still learning the ropes. I have been into the GB's from the start and even now I forget to take them. I know we all get tied up in the moment so dont be sad about it.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
You beat me to it Patrick. It would be nice Monica if you could include some shots of the actual build. It is all part of the process of a group build. I'm not saying you should take a photo of every single part you glue together, but a few more inbetween shots would be interesting. 
You are new to the GB's so still learning the ropes. I have been into the GB's from the start and even now I forget to take them. I know we all get tied up in the moment so dont be sad about it.

0o,I get it so next time more in between shots,at different stages,it was one of these build,that you kind of had to study the instruction,s a lot so ,the last thing was,

taking a pic after ever other part if you ,know what I mean,but next time,will do, :D

Monica, how do your WIP threads go from sprue shots to the built model??  O.o  I think you've got some kind of stasis field around your workbench!

That camo scheme you're attempting would really have been easier if you'd masked off the colours, rather than doing it freehand. But I'm sure you'll turn a dogs dinner into the dogs danglies  :P

Nice toenail varnish btw ;)

I did try to use some type of masking,as you can see from the pic,but it did,work in away and other ways no,as its got all bits and bob,s that wont,let it sit, O.o

so what I will do is get some,tack,and do ,repair bits,

and I was just having trouble with my paints as well,even there model air,there just being painful to use, :$

glad you like the nail paint,do try to keep it on my finger nails as wel,but have that very wreathed look, ;)

thank you Bob,I think some times I,m ,to hard on myself as well,as this is a all new ,camo style well, O.o

Liking the look of this Monica even if you do say it's a dogs dinner right now.

thank you Terry,glad that you do like what I,m trying to do hear and will get it sorted, :D

20160915_051928.jpg

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
thank you Stuart,a little bit of sorting out the camo,but will get it looking better,always a 1st for some think new, :D