Monica's Sd.Kfz.251,Ausf,C

0ne48thtel

This has come on nicely since I last stuck my head round the door Monica. I like the camo on the half track and the figures look great as well.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
much appreciated comments,Terry,real glad that you do like this one, :D

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
just had to get some color on this,I find it hard to think,just looking at white,

just the picture dose ,not come int my head, :$

the last 2 odd hrs been working out my stairs,and I,m quite happy with them,a bit off nutting out to get them , O.o

still need to add in the treads,and make hand rails,and for a tread plate look will use fine fly mesh, 9_9

well hope you like what I have done so far, O.o

20160927_080228.jpg

20160927_080236.jpg

20160927_080250.jpg

20160927_080556.jpg

20160927_080614.jpg

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
well hears an update on this one,

have most of the base work done,,after painting adding the bits and bobs to it, :D

well hope you like the progress on this ,so far, O.o

20160929_133224.jpg

20160929_133234.jpg

20160929_133238.jpg

20160929_133247.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking very good, as usual, Moni. If I might though, the sign on the factory. The font is way to modern...I am sure that you can find one a bit more time relevant...I know its a small thing but it is kind of 'in your face' ...What does it say?  :|

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
  • glad that your liking this ,so far,Ian, :D
The font is way to modern...I am sure that you can find one a bit more time relevant...I know its a small thing but it is kind of 'in your face' ...What does it say?  :|

by this are you meaning as its still,white,and just the lettering ?

as I have not painted and wreathed the sign,let,as I did wont it to be in Russian,and I,m no good at doing stuff on the pc,that was hard to resize the letters lol, O.o

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
It was just that the lettering seems to modern, If it is just a "place holder" for your thought, no problem :smiling3:  

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
It was just that the lettering seems to modern, If it is just a "place holder" for your thought, no problem :smiling3:  

oh real,thats some think to think about,as what I did,was use a translater ,to get the Russian,spelling, 9_9

as I don,t know any other way to type Russian,or age the style of  lettering,? O.o do,you have any ideas, for this one, :S plz,

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
You can set the keyboard to Russian and then set the typeface and font as normal

алпкзйьаду аькуйз жицу

The trick is to have a key board map so you know which letter will be which.

You can also select the specific letters using insert symbol the symbols should have Cyrillic letters.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kressy_13

Nice work Monica. The base looks great. Really like the stairs and railing. Don't know any Russian so can't help with the sign.

B

Builder

Great work Monica. I think the sign looks fine, a great addition to the diorama. 

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
You can set the keyboard to Russian and then set the typeface and font as normal

алпкзйьаду аькуйз жицу

The trick is to have a key board map so you know which letter will be which.

You can also select the specific letters using insert symbol the symbols should have Cyrillic letters.

oh wow,Dave,all that just go,s right over the top of my head lol, :S

I did have a look,at the language bar and only have,UK,English,US,English,and Aust,English,so with win7 over hear thats all they give you,

and some where you ,must have to get others from some were, O.o

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
thank you all for the great comments ,so very glad that your liking this one,

much appreciated, :D

and to be honest I never gave the lettering a second thought. 

you know,I have never real ,noticed the difference with the ,lettering until Ian said as well, O.o

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hope you like this better,Ian,I have tried to do it freehand and found an,old style of alphabet, O.o

may not be as clear,as a printed letter,but more to your liking ? :$ 9_9

20160930_081509.jpg

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
oh wow,Dave,all that just go,s right over the top of my head lol, :S

I did have a look,at the language bar and only have,UK,English,US,English,and Aust,English,so with win7 over hear thats all they give you,

and some where you ,must have to get others from some were, O.o

Sorry Moni, not my intention :sad: ,  all the languages should be available but you do need to dig through settings to add them to the "active list" for selection

Easiest for you would be to use google translate to get the Cyrillic text and then copy paste the text into a wordprocessor and play with the fonts to get something you like.

государственный тракторный завод

That is how I did this which apparently says state tractor factory.

B

Builder

Im pretty sure they had stencils back then so, having a typed sign would be accurate, also calligraphy is an art dating back hundreds of years, I would suggest you keep the typed sign instead of the hand written one, as it looks better and probably is more accurate. 

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Sorry Moni, not my intention :sad: ,  all the languages should be available but you do need to dig through settings to add them to the "active list" for selection

Easiest for you would be to use google translate to get the Cyrillic text and then copy paste the text into a wordprocessor and play with the fonts to get something you like.

no problem at all Dave,I,m just not good with ,PC,s lol, O.o

thank you for that,I can make it bigger or smaller,and that about all,I will ask one of the kids,if they know how to find,languages,and show me, :S :D

Im pretty sure they had stencils back then so, having a typed sign would be accurate, also calligraphy is an art dating back hundreds of years, I would suggest you keep the typed sign instead of the hand written one, as it looks better and probably is more accurate. 

ta Bob,I would think so as well,but what I think is I,used modern,and where that ,what Dave has done is older style,and it dose look better,

in the cyrillic text,I did try find images of old factory to see the style,but google is not real my friend and some times,just dose not give,

the images I,m trying to find, >:sad:

thank you both,for your help,and is greatly appreciated, :D

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
well more work done,on this one,started to detail,it more,

first off,a wash with,very watered down plaster,to pickup the,brick/stone work,then just at random ,paint using different ,

shades,of brick/stone ,to,add same what of a pattern, :S and will try to tie it all in with some washers of dirt, 9_9

well hope you do like the progress on this one, 9_9

oh still need to change the sign,as my son,s still sleeping and has the only,printer with ink, :S

20161001_072620.jpg

20161001_073442.jpg

20161001_074906.jpg

20161001_074910.jpg

20161001_075615.jpg

20161001_075619.jpg

20161001_083345.jpg

20161001_083419.jpg

20161001_083432.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: