Monogram 1/24 Diecast/Plastic Packard Dual Cowl Pheaton

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
i do like that looking good so far nice work on the added stuff in the garage :rolleyes:

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I have been watching this in silence and from what you started with you have done an amazing job and i like the garage dip as well,top job.

Peter t

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I like this. It gives you something to think about, is it a 1950/60's workshop? Or is it a modern workshop that just restores and works on old cars? There are clues if you look. The vehicle is a lovely shade of blue, and the setting looks great. Nice one Ken.

Si:smiling3:

T

treyzx10r

That came out really sharp Ken! One tip I was given on here about painting lips on figures ,use the color of the face mixed with a tiny bit of red to paint the lips,it give's a more natural look. That is unless of course your mechanic figure just happens to be secure enough in his manliness to wear lip stick.;)j/k. Really a great looking finish on that ,very nicely done Sir!

P

Polux

Fantastic work there!!

Looks very clean and well done ;)

Cheers

Polux

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks everyone glad you like it, thanks for the tip trey noted and stored for later use.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well I am reeeeeeally peeeeed offfffff I considered this my best build I've ever done and if I had to keep one model this would have been it. Well this is how it looks now.

View attachment 114277

View attachment 114278

Like the complete numpty that I am, I stored my varnish Which is in a lovely heavy tin just the right size to destroy a model if dropped on it , right above a very delicate fragile model (it carried on its decent to damage a few others on its way not that I care about those) snapped a couple of the guns off the side of the La Reale but easy fix. lesson to you all, NO MODELS BELOW ANYTHING HEAVY ENOUGH TO BREAK THEM .

DSC_0033.JPG

DSC_0034.JPG

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Awe...crappo Ken... :sad: Shame as it was one of your best mate, lovely workmanship and the colour was sublime.

Si:smiling3:

First Name
Dave
Mate, I saw the first pics and was mightally impressed, panned down a bit a saw the result that a tin of varnish can do, even ronseal couldn't have predicted that.

It certainly is lesson learnt for all that read this.

I had this kind of thing happen to me a few years back, I had temporarily boxed a variety of my aircraft builds in a cardboard box because we were moving, I stupidly placed the box in a cupboard on a shelf under a shelf containing boxed up books........upper shelf gave way and......well the rest is self explanatory. (Or shelf explanatory! )

Sympathy to you mate.

D

Deleted member 3568

Got to say mate all the bits are there but I can't bring myself to fix it, I could almost cry, I really think I could never create a better model and feel soooo bad that no one liked it, I feel I couldn't ever in my life do better, a bit like van gough or constable must have felt about their best works, every time I go in my model room I see it, I honestly believe I will never do better but no one likes it, go figure.