Monogram 1/48 B58 Hustler

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Well the hustler is nearly standing up on its own three feet. The main wheel legs have been assembled from several pieces and the linkages/ door retraction links etc have also been put on. All thats left to do now is open up the canopy and add the rather long pitot. Heres a few pics of the undercarriage legs , cheers tony

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Yep, it looks awesome already Tony. Very nice work all round so far.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nearly there now . The pitot is on and theres just the forward canopy to fix , although there isnt a jack supplied so ill have to make one . The weapons pod has also been fitted and the added weight is doing its job keeping the nose wheel firmly on the ground! Next big problem is how to photograph it when its done , its too big to fit in my light box , so ill have to improvise. image.jpeg

F

Fenlander

This is looking really classy Tony, the engines in particular look stunning. It's a beast of a thing but a real beauty too.

D

dubster72

That is looking so good Tony!

The original Failsafe film is one of my favourites, and although they're called Vindicators in that, you can still imagine these brutes punching their way through the PVO defences.

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Lovely work throughout on this one Tony, particularly like the detail on the gears and carriage bays. The engines and paintwork in its entirety looks sweet.

Top quality!

Phil

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Well i managed to get it finished before June - just the wrong year!!! its been a funny build but in a way quite enjoyable at times . Im still not 100% happy with the nat metal finish but from a distance it looks Ok and the photos really do flatter it. Speaking of which I had to alter my background light box to get the big bugger in !! Heres a couple of pics to tidy up the build thread and Ill put a load more on a completed thread , thanks for sticking around and watching for the year!! cheers tonyDSCN1866 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN1858 [Desktop Resolution].JPG