Monogram 1/48 scale B58 Hustler

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Heres the Hustler finished , it took me a long time and Im still not really happy with the finish but its all part of the never ending learning curve!! I put a Yak 9T of the same scale on the last pic to give an idea of the size . Build thread can be found here http://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/monogram-1-48-b58-hustler.30168/ Thanks for looking , as always comments criticisms welcome , cheers tonyDSCN1864 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN1851 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN1852 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN1853 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN1854 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN1857 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN1858 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN1859 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN1860 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN1862 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN1865 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN1866 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN1868 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN1869 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN1870 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN1871 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN1873 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN1877 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN1878 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN1879 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

F

Fenlander

My but he is a big lad isn't he? Great work Tony, really good and clean detailing. This is why I build tanks, I could never be as precise as this.

D

Deleted member 4539

Fantastic model Tony.

All your work has turned this into a real showstopper:smiling3:

Give yourself a big pat on the back from me.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Superb work Tony. All the extra effort you went to shows, this is a fantastic finish. Can't see any faults with the NMF from the photos, it all looks very nicely done. The subtle heat staining on the engines has worked well.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Thanks everyone for the comments , glad you like it . Its a great looking ,powerful aircraft and should sit well next to my line up of 'century series ' aircraft that im just starting to do( f100 is first) cheers tony

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Boooooom!!!

She is a beast ain't she, that first shot (looking down on the hustler) is the one mate! That's the one you see on some of the old monogram box art. What monogram one was it Tony? My local HS has a few monogram versions in and why was you not 100% happy mate? Looks great to me

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Cheers phil , theres a pic of the box art on the first page of the build thread , theres a link to this on the first post. It was the quality of the finish i wasnt happy with, the wings in particular were dust catchers and the large size and repeated handling all combined to affect the silver finish. It wasnt too bad though and a blind man on a fast horse wouldnt notice itthanks for the comments, tony

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
\ said:
Cheers phil , theres a pic of the box art on the first page of the build thread , theres a link to this on the first post. It was the quality of the finish i wasnt happy with, the wings in particular were dust catchers and the large size and repeated handling all combined to affect the silver finish. It wasnt too bad though and a blind man on a fast horse wouldnt notice itthanks for the comments, tony
Are yes, remember seeing that now, this one is in my LHS along with two other monograms from the 80's... Tempting.

Well done again mate

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks great Tony,the heat staining turned out great,very nice clean build,very well done, ;)

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
\ said:
Pure beauty
Awesome

Regards

Robert
I read all the comments and ran out of things to say as all have been said.

She's a real head turner and I'd be proud of that in my display

Regards

Robert