Monogram BMW 635CSI 1/24

My next build was a BMW found on ebay some time ago and I thought I have to have one of those old beemers. Kit itself is very basic (no decals) and little that I knew of the kit quality before buying and the body was damaged (firewall and A pillar) when I got it. This didn't discouraged me much and even if I weren't happy with results it was going to be a cheap practice car. From the beginning I wanted to paint it dark blue and I've used Tamiya cans for the body and Tamiya/Revell acrylics for the rest. Intended to keep it stock but changed few things on the way... lowered suspension, cut up and made smaller rear spoiler, added and scratched few bits under the hood too

I was really surprised of how much difference adding bit of smoke and wash to the wheels made.

6 7.JPG

6 8.JPG

6 9.JPG

6 10.JPG

6 11.JPG

6 12.JPG

6 1.JPG

6 2.JPG

6 3.JPG

6 4.JPG

6 5.JPG

6 6.JPG

6 13.JPG

6 14.JPG

F

Fenlander

I think you have done an excellent job on this. No way of knowing from the pics that the kit wasn't in great condition. Great job.

D

dubster72

A great car, one that I've lusted after for many years. And if I could find a decent example, it'd look just like this! Excellent build & lovely paintwork

Thanks guys

To be honest when I picked up this model I started looking around for real one but I can't get a second car right now :/ other priorities