Monogram P61 Black Widow finished

First Name
Dave
R

Richy C

Not an aircraft expert myself Dave but it looks very good to me , and I take my hat of to you with all them canopy`s the masking must have been a nightmare

great build

Richy

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent result dave , a definite 5 sar job. The rescribed panel lines look great and you can see the colour variation in the paintwork, i know from experience that the final varnish coat and the camera can make the effect less apparent. top work , cheers tony

First Name
Dave
Thanks Richy.Your right ,those canopies were a right pain to mask.Took around 2 hours to do.Worth the effort though.

T

treyzx10r

Dave love the suttle paint hue changes really looks 'soft' and well executed,well worth the effort. I would be proud to have that on my shelf.5 stars from me!

A

andygh

It's a stunner, you made a fantastic job with such a difficult colour to make convincing

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi Dave

Great paint job looks very slick.

Vaughan

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I think you've got every right to be pleased with that. Even if it didn't turn out exactly as you wanted, it's still a smasher!

Gern

N

noble

Dave this is a cracker the paintwork is amazing and a nice clean build and finish top job mate a deffinate 5 star piece of work.

scott

First Name
Dave
Thanks for all your kind words.With the paint job i originally over did the faded paint effect.Then i just misted on a light coat of matt black to tone it down.After that i applied 3 coats of klear.Followed by decals and another coat of Klear.Finally a coat of Vallejo clear satin.I always (so far!)get great results with Vallejo varnishes.Wont use anything else now.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Very nicely done indeed. It is a very difficult "colour" to judge but yours has come out looking very good. I often initially overdo fading myself! The joy of an airbrush is that you can tone it down and blend it without too much drama. The trick is estimating how much of an effect the varnish(es) will have. I'd say you've estimated about right.

Cheers

Steve

A

andyrobs

Great jobs mate, I've got the Revell version waiting to be started, hope I can get it anywhere near as good as yours

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Superb...simple as!

Big 5 Dave.

Ron

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nearly missed this. It's great to see an unusual subject finishd so well. Nice job

Colin M.........