Monogram Packard Boattail Speedster - 1/24 scale

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Rick, Peter, John and Steve - Really appreciate the feedback. When modellers whose work you admire post positive comments it is a great incentive to plod on.
A bit more progress. I stuck the wheels on. I thought I'd better do it at this stage as once bits were fitted to the top I would not be able to turn it over to fix the wheels. The wheels were very loose on their axles so used 2 part epoxy. I have never used so much epoxy on a model but it does make a strong bond where the fit is loose.
P1060420.JPG

P1060421.JPG

I gave the wheels 24 hours to set solid, turned it onto its wheels, and added the radiator pipes
P1060422.JPG

and the steering wheel
P1060423.JPG

and finished off the rear end. Because so much sanding etc was needed early on in the build to get things to fit reasonably the bumper doesn't really fit square. Only apparent when viewed from certain angles so my photos avoid that :tongue-out3: :thumb2::rolling:
P1060424.JPG

I have prepared a lot of the parts for the front end so the finish is in sight. The biggest problem left is the windscreen and its surround which are *&%$$%£!!!!.

Thanks for all you posts. Stay safe.
Jim

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That is really shaping up into a fine automobile!:thumb2:
Rick H.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi all
To all those who have stuck with this - 'tis done :tongue-out3: This 45 year old kit was a challenge. I have learned quite a lot from it and although far from perfect it has turned out ok.
P1060429.JPG
More photos in the Completed Civilian Cars thread.
Thanks again guys.
Stay safe.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Wow Jim, that is something else. The finish is flawless. Beautiful work.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Awesome work Jim. Really enjoyed watching this one come together. Will nip over and see the finished photos

john hutton

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Jim, well done mate, took some tricky wrestling moves on your part, but you got there in the end and produced a quality model :thumb2: . Top job indeed, great paint job too BtW.
John.