More compressor issues!

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7181

So I've had this thing in bits more times than I'd like, and it's playing up yet again. I know some have had years of trouble free service out of these AS186's, but I can only guess that after years being cloned and cloned the quality just isn't what it used to be.

I've missed the first few seconds in this video, but what happens is that once the pressure has built up, instead of cutting off, it "stumbles" until it eventually cuts out. It often pauses silently for several seconds (as at the start of the video) then carries on chugging for a bit . I'm assuming it's the pressure switch as there's definitely something electrical going on since my radio crackles like crazy when this is happening. It's been doing this occasionally for months but now it happens all the time.

Sorry for the extremely quiet audio, I'm not much of a Youtuber!

I'm sure I could get a new pressure switch but it's been no end of trouble so I'm tempted to just upgrade. It was always a cheap starter to see if I took to airbrushing, so it's served that purpose well, but it can't even keep up with my current trigger style airbrush, and with future plans for one with a fan cap, it'll have no chance.

I know the Sparmax ones have been popular lately but I'm considering shelling out a little bit more for one it's bigger Iwata stablemates. The Power Jet Plus is floating my boat at the minute as it'll run any airbrush I want to throw at it, and if I couple it to the tank from the AS186, the extra capacity might even see it be able to handle my Iwata mini gun.

It's a shame when I have this beast sat under my work bench, but at 96dB I just can't handle the noise! Maybe it would be cheaper to just build a separate sound-proofed shed for it :smiling5:

First Name
Martin
So I've had this thing in bits more times than I'd like, and it's playing up yet again. I know some have had years of trouble free service out of these AS186's, but I can only guess that after years being cloned and cloned the quality just isn't what it used to be.

I've missed the first few seconds in this video, but what happens is that once the pressure has built up, instead of cutting off, it "stumbles" until it eventually cuts out. It often pauses silently for several seconds (as at the start of the video) then carries on chugging for a bit . I'm assuming it's the pressure switch as there's definitely something electrical going on since my radio crackles like crazy when this is happening. It's been doing this occasionally for months but now it happens all the time.

Sorry for the extremely quiet audio, I'm not much of a Youtuber!

I'm sure I could get a new pressure switch but it's been no end of trouble so I'm tempted to just upgrade. It was always a cheap starter to see if I took to airbrushing, so it's served that purpose well, but it can't even keep up with my current trigger style airbrush, and with future plans for one with a fan cap, it'll have no chance.

I know the Sparmax ones have been popular lately but I'm considering shelling out a little bit more for one it's bigger Iwata stablemates. The Power Jet Plus is floating my boat at the minute as it'll run any airbrush I want to throw at it, and if I couple it to the tank from the AS186, the extra capacity might even see it be able to handle my Iwata mini gun.

It's a shame when I have this beast sat under my work bench, but at 96dB I just can't handle the noise! Maybe it would be cheaper to just build a separate sound-proofed shed for it :smiling5:
I have a Sparmax TC-610H Plus compressor. If you don’t mind me saying so,your compressor sounds a bit rough.
Martin

D

Deleted member 7181

If you don’t mind me saying so,your compressor sounds a bit rough.
Martin
No problem at all Martin. After all, that was the main reason for posting the video, to illustrate how ropey it is :smiling3:

The Sparmax would be a good shout if it were just for airbrushing models, but I want to be able to use bigger weapons to paint slightly larger items, without having suffer my main compressor.

I used to modify and spray a lot of PC cases, and fancy getting back into that. A weathered, camouflaged case might go down well with some of the gaming crowd.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi Andy

Sorry can't help with that awful sound. Had mine a couple of years and it's been ok not that it gets as much use as yours. As you already have your "beast" under the bench could you not build some sort of easily removable soundproof boxing for it? Just a thought.

Andrew

D

Deleted member 7181

I've been mulling that over today Andrew. It's kinda daft to shell out so much when I have something that'll more than do the job I suppose.

In the past I was worried about the heat build up in a soundproof box, but with a 50 litre tank it'd probably hardly run for regular airbrushing anyway, and the money saved would buy me an awful lot of kits :smiling5:

Sorry for rambling on everybody, I must learn to stop thinking out loud!