More Figures for Richard

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
First Name
Andrew
Great pair Peter. (no innuendo intended!)
Always a delight to catch up with your work. I can't get on here as much as I'd like but you always seem to have something to delight my eyes, even if they're Nazis! Keep up the great work and I'm glad that you're collaborating with Peter further. And they're WW1!!! I'm salivating with expectation!
Andy

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Those two really work well together. I look forward to the WW1 figures.
Jim

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Peter
Perfection ! :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

Where you going on your holidays, some where cool !
John .

First Name
Andrew
Morning Steve.

Yes, looks like the extreme heat is going to ease off a bit. The paint was almost immediately developing a skin which got mixed in with the stuff underneath, producing lumps - bit frustrating

Inspired by a great TV programme of Willard Wigan - official creator of the smallest hand made sculpture in the world. He sculpted a baby from a section of carpet fibre, then mounted it inside one of his own hairs. 0.08mm tall. Amazing man.
Makes what I do pretty gigantic! What side was the programme on? I've only had time for a couple of hours of TV a week recently! It's easing though.
Andy

D

Deleted member 6559

Andy - Glad to have you back and with the innuendos as well. The busts are nearly done so keep an eye out. The programme about Willard Wigan was on Channel 4 - you'll love it.

Jim - Thank You.

Thanks also John. Off to the same site in Dorset where we camped last year - you may remember we had to give up after two days when the tent was destroyed by a storm - static caravan this time (I have no pride). It will probably start raining the moment we get into the car.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Andy - Glad to have you back and with the innuendos as well. The busts are nearly done so keep an eye out. The programme about Willard Wigan was on Channel 4 - you'll love it.

Jim - Thank You.

Thanks also John. Off to the same site in Dorset where we camped last year - you may remember we had to give up after two days when the tent was destroyed by a storm - static caravan this time (I have no pride). It will probably start raining the moment we get into the car.
Peter .
Bet your right , the clouds have started to form here, ! Don't blame you on the caravan, after last the last episode !
Have a grand time and Hi to K .
John .

D

Deleted member 6559

John, my going on holiday never fails to bring the rain.

This will be the next one from Richard's stash - Verlinden's US Ranger, Pointe du Hoc:

Verlinden-120mm-1-16-US-Ranger-Normandy-1944-Pointe.jpg100_2543.JPG

A nice simple figure, and it will be good to get away from the old field grey for a while. I've added a bayonet and pistol for extra interest and I'll need to provide a coiled rope for the right hand.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Peter.

Will join you on this, finished before you go ?
John .

D

Deleted member 6559

Had a good session today and got the head and equipment done:

100_2546.JPG100_2550.JPG

The face isn't one of Verlinden's best, but it more or less worked out. I've tried to paint it with extreme highlights as he is looking up towards the sky.

D

Deleted member 6559

Head swap!

100_2551.JPG

The kit head got worse the more I looked at it, so I swapped it for this Dog Tag one (with the kit helmet). Much, much better.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening Peter.
The first head was certainly different in the pose, and I think you had made a fine job of it, the second is good, more normal in the pose. Like that his teeth aren't from a tooth paste add.
John .

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Apologies for the very late morning reply!!

The past 2 mornings at 4am some lunatic has ripped past the house on a motorbike at some unearthly speed,
then spun round the estate and did it again!
I thought I had posted the reply below

Found it still waiting to be posted when I got home, Oh the embarrassment!

""Morning Peter
Nice to see the new figure, I thought it might be post holiday?
You have powered through 2 busts already!
Hopefully your holiday will not be jinked by the weather, I do remember your dismal few days last year too!
It seems the weather will hold, even for you Peter.
Look forward to seeing your progress for today.
Another inspiring head
Have a good day with the paints
Regards
Steve H
""

D

Deleted member 6559

Evening John - The first head just wasn't well sculpted - the helmet looked too small on it and sat awkwardly. I prefer the fact that he's no longer looking up, as that gives more posing options (could be anywhere, not just at the foot of the cliffs at Pointe du Hoc).

Morning/Evening Steve - I've taken to sleeping in the conservatory during this hot weather, but the major disadvantage is the wood pigeons landing on the roof with a thud as soon as it gets light. Should get a couple of bits and pieces done before going away - have to get a good fix to sustain me.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

No motor bike or pigeons this morning!

The 2 heads look equally a good, I needed a double take to see the difference in facial features, though they do still look both as good!

I guess you should finish this one just in time for your holiday.

Hopefully good weather too, in Dorset next week

Have a good day, and another drama in Russia tonite

The whole UK will be on the edge of their sofas

Have a good day day with the paint

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Steve. The pigeons woke me up at 4.30am. They use the conservatory roof to practice their landings - thump, patter, patter, patter, lift off......

Not sure I can bear to watch the game. - far too stressful. I've told myself that it's enough that they've reached the semi final.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
New Ranger figures turning out well even with the new head. I have an issue with the last German figures helmet but that's just me. Nothing to do with the painting because that's excellent, Peter but when you see the second picture from the last batch when put together with the Tamiya figure you will notice the shape resembles the American kevlar helmet with its slight curved up the back. I don't know if German helmets come in sizes or was standard. Still overall excellent painting will distract you from the helmet.

Hope holiday doesn't turn up a storm and you'll have a peaceful camping trip this time. I like camping, unfortunately my family prefer the comforts of a concrete jungle and shopping when on holiday.

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Richard - Yes, the helmets are all over the place. With some of the larger heads I was forced to use Dragon helmets which can be some very weird shapes. Not having the confidence to try and re-shape them.......

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Ah yes just remembered these figures were put together from a box of nearly everything. Matching them must have been fun. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Richard - :thumb2:

The Ranger is finished:

100_2553.JPG100_2554.JPG100_2555.JPG100_2556.JPG

He's now made it to the top of the cliff and is instructing prisoners to lay down their arms - I've include a German helmet and an MG42. I've tried to depict chalky soil on the base.