More Figures for Richard

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

100_4547.JPG

Being a very lucky boy, not only have I been the object of great generosity on the part of Ralph, but also by my good friend Richard Pearce, who saw fit to send me this lovely box of goodies. It consists of a host of Tamiya and Dragon parts for 1/16 figures, and I've managed to make up 6 full sets (in the plastic bags). Thank you so much Richard!

I'm going to build them all on this thread, and it may be possible to combine some of them in vignettes.

The first is this Dragon 6th Army Feldwebel. The others include a couple of fallschirmjagers, a machine, gunner, tank commander and a Handschar figure.

download (8).jpg100_4548.JPG

Like most of the kits, I have built this one before, many moons ago, and am really pleased to be able to have another go at it. All of the kit was there, though I've swapped the boots and some of the equipment for Tamiya parts.

Off we go....

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I echo Ralph's reply. Its a terrific forum with the best of the best always willing to help. This is going to be a wonderful thread to follow. I wish you all the best my friend

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks for looking in chaps. Yes, kindness sadly seems to be in short supply in the world at the moment so it's doubly nice to be on the receiving end - restores your faith in human nature.

I've partially built the figure and cleaned up the parts, ready for painting:

100_4549.JPG

Quite a lot of cleaning up and a bit of filling to do, but overall it went together well.

I swapped the kit PPSh, which had a huge step between the two halves, with the version that comes with Trumpeter's four 1/16 tankers. This is supplied with etch parts to replace as much as the plastic as you might want, and surprise, surprise, I actually used some of it here (hate etch).

I've ended up with a hybrid of Dragon, Tamiya, Verlinden and Trumpeter parts, which is something I like doing.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Very nice of Richard P. I've only had one go with a Dragon 1/16 figure and it was a good experience. This combination will be a treat to watch painted and I've actually caught it at the beginning Peter. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
I'm definitely in. Have to agree with Steve, this is one of the things that makes this such a great forum.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Peter.
Nice to see you creating from the box of plastic goodies.I particularly like the Feldwebel as he can be made into so many units from looking through Osprey books.Ive seen some made into Machine gunners with an m.g34 or 42 slung over a shoulder.
I shall grab a pew among the masses assembled.Always glad to help.
Richard.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Peter.
Nice to see you creating from the box of plastic goodies.I particularly like the Feldwebel as he can be made into so many units from looking through Osprey books.Ive seen some made into Machine gunners with an m.g34 or 42 slung over a shoulder.
I shall grab a pew among the masses assembled.Always glad to help.
Richard.
Top man Richard, a very nice gesture. :thumb2:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Right Peter. I' ll sit next to Jim and Steve, would you like a biscuit Richard.?
A great forum we are lucky to have and be members of.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Right Peter. I' ll sit next to Jim and Steve, would you like a biscuit Richard.?
A great forum we are lucky to have and be members of.
Oh yes John biscuits.Im very partial to them.Nothing like a good dunking with biccies.My downfall is biscuits.Mmmm hob nobs etc.
Richard.

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Peter, I’ll join the gang looking on if I’m not too late that is.

Richard’s kindness and your handy work will be a treat for all, top man Richard. :thumb2:

D

Deleted member 6559

Welcome Fernando and Neil.

Yep, Richard's a bit of a star. I've done two previous threads based on his donations (under Figures Under Construction: WW1 and After) and thoroughly enjoyed the process.