Mosquito mk 35 Airfix 1/48.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just so you know that I am still building the odd kit here and there, her is some thing I have been working on for a couple of weeks, I had a bit of a wait to get the decals as I sort of forgot to order them. Once I did, John came through as usual and I had the decal sheet within a couple of days. Thank John!

The kit is the older Airfix kit, for the XVI which is pretty much the same as the 35. Close enough for me.

Here are the pictures. I just fancied a Silver Mossy and this seamed like a good idea at the time.

I will just say that for those used to Tamiyas snap fit mossy, this kit will offer a lot of challenges.

View attachment 40020View attachment 40016View attachment 40017View attachment 40018View attachment 40019

Hope you like it and comments welcome.

Ian M

View attachment 43809

View attachment 43810

View attachment 43811

View attachment 43812

View attachment 43813

IMAG0157.jpg

IMAG0158.jpg

IMAG0159.jpg

IMAG0160.jpg

mk35.jpg

S

sprayman

A marvelous job Ian.......its builds like this that make me think about doing something non German.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Very nice great paint finish Ian it's nice to see something British for a change well done.

Vaughan

T

tecdes

I like that Ian. You have made a very nice job on the bombardier's window. That is I found the most difficult thing on the Mosquito it's round but in three dimensions. Think there are better panel markings on the Airfix than the Revell I made.

The Mosquito for size really suits 1/48 which ever manufacturer. Ian "Lanc" is all for the Lancaster I could quite easily become Laurie Mosquito.

The Mosquito I think was the most remarkable aircraft of WW11 in so many varied ways, the construction, it's speed (while carrying two crew) able to carry out about every type of operation aircraft are built & asked to carry out & this does it proud.

Laurie

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks Chaps.

I have only built two German aircraft and one of them was in RAF paint!

Ian M

C

Caledonia

Lovely job Ian, One of my favourite WW2 Aircraft, and the finish you have acheived certainly does it justice. A big 5 from me too. Cheers Derek

A

andygh

Any Mossie is a good Mossie and that one looks outstanding, the pre-shade has really done the business. 5*

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nicely shaded NMF. Good to see another Mosquito on the forum, we need more....................(a bit biased probably my favourite plane)

Colin M...

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Nice one Ian.

That metallic doping is nicely done, just the right sort of sheen. Cracking.

Tony.

V

Vajled

Ohhh my friend... this Mosquito looks famolous... greta job all arround

5* from me

ROman

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks for all the comments, much appreciated.

Colin M If you like mossies, you will like my next one a TR33 Sea mossy. Not sure when it will happen but its on the cards.

One thing that makes me wonder is why oh why are there 15 different mk III/VI kits and pretty much nowt of the otheres, Even finding a conversion set is hard!!

Ian M