Mountain Man

• Thread starter Deleted member 4539
  • Start date

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Sounds like your sons had a great teacher and it is always great to pass down skills to the younger ones.
I myself took up target shooting this year with an air rifle(.177) and having practiced a fair bit I'm now getting 1 inch groupings at 25 yards.
The Happy Hunter it started with the glue but went onto other things:eek:
All the best to you.
Ralph
View attachment 290418
Here's the brood on their way to some nearby stands, and yes that is an Enfield .303. Legend has it that it fought in Belgium and France before being "liberated"
to the U.S. by my father in-law:rolleyes:

It has taken more deer than any other rifle on the mountain and to me is just priceless.
100_8932 (2).JPG

D

Deleted member 4539

Here's the brood on their way to some nearby stands, and yes that is an Enfield .303. Legend has it that it fought in Belgium and France before being "liberated"
to the U.S. by my father in-law:rolleyes:

It has taken more deer than any other rifle on the mountain and to me is just priceless.
View attachment 290437
Great photo Jim.
That's a nice background,some legends are true.:smiling3:
The lee Enfield .303 was the first rifle I shot when I was in the Sea Cadets.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Great photo Jim.
That's a nice background,some legends are true.:smiling3:
The lee Enfield .303 was the first rifle I shot when I was in the Sea Cadets.
To me it is more of a work of art than a weapon, after over 80 years of use it is still as smooth and accurate as the day it was minted, maybe even more so.
It's been said to have once picked a pimple off a mosquito's arse at 100 mtrs:cool:

Jim:D

D

Deleted member 4539

To me it is more of a work of art than a weapon, after over 80 years of use it is still as smooth and accurate as the day it was minted, maybe even more so.
It's been said to have once picked a pimple off a mosquito's arse at 100 mtrs:cool:

Jim:D
Not all old uns are useless then:smiling3:.
I bet the anti gun lobby will not see it as a work of arto_O:smiling3:.
Anyway tell your boys good hunting from me.
All the best.
Ralph.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Just seen this one Ralph , absolutely stunning ! Its beautifully painted and the scene is superbly set , it just leads the viewer to fill in the blanks from their own imagination .It could be a mountain lion or maybe a bear or even a deer hes been tracking (or yes most probably hes hiding from his missus cause shes found all his hidden kits!)

D

Deleted member 4539

Just seen this one Ralph , absolutely stunning ! Its beautifully painted and the scene is superbly set , it just leads the viewer to fill in the blanks from their own imagination .It could be a mountain lion or maybe a bear or even a deer hes been tracking (or yes most probably hes hiding from his missus cause shes found all his hidden kits!)
Thank you so much for the kind comments Tony:smiling3:.
I always let the viewer make up their own interpretation of my work..saves me doing it:rolleyes::smiling3:.