mpc atat walker build

S

saleem

amt/ertl atat walker build also

started this a week or so ago,just nice and easy.lots of puttying in awkward places,filing,sanding,repeat process several times.

was bought off ebay as a complete kit,unfortunately the seller forgot to say they had make the cockpit section,also that it was all fitted wrong,so i had to rip it apart and rebuild it.

so where are we now?

legs built and main body built and primed/priming process.

the legs

a foot,i scribed the legs as the studio model as the scribing/casting lines on them,also there seems to be a block/s above the toes,i just prefab'd them from sheet styrene,wasnt hell bent on doing a repro of the original,just having something there to spruce the feet up a bit,scribed a line on each toe as the studio model had it also.

the main body of the atat.

the business end,i was going to redo the guns,i decided against it,cost and having the right guns also matters as it will look like someone pimped this ride otherwise!

a pic of a leg to show extra details i added to be faithful to the original just to spruce it up seeing as them legs are bleeding long things.

theres a tad bit more sanding to do on areas i have reapllied putty to and more priming.tyhen i will move onto the top coat.

its been airbrushed with acrylic paints,thinned and added some retarder to stop any grainy effects from dried paint.

more updates to come soon!

thanks.

:smiling3:

Last edited:
S

saleem

just a few more pics,more to show the filling and sanding thats been going on.

the uninspired rear end,and some of the filling,sanding thats been going on around there.

front of the main body,heres where the neck joins,its all part of the neck mechanism that makes the neck articulated,.

some people might think they can get away with the joints here but no amount of spraying will rid you off them,only putty and sanding.

the bottom,some of the seams around the bootom where it connects to the sides has been filled and sanded.

more to come another day.

S

saleem

first round of top coating,i decided to go with light gull grey,rather than the usual white,after all not all atat walkers went to hoth.

you can see a bit of white styrene behind the neck on the front panel of the body,i removed an unsitely ejector pin mark (i think it was) and the detail came off so added a half round.

legs.

going to have to do some serious weathering to the feet,usual wash and weather tactics elsewhere.

S

saleem

first round of weathering/detailing.

legs (dont know if you can see well with this cam phone pic.

where the guns gone? i want guns!

going to redo the guns again with a few modifications,more on that when the time comes.

;)

B

Boldman

Never realized before but those are 1:24 Airfix Harrier engines at the top of the legs joining to the body.

S

saleem

how come a silly pic has appeared on the first post i made?

muct have been the host of the pictures,now i cant edit the first post for some reason to remove it.

:sad:

S

saleem

anyways update time,been a lil slow realy.been adding rust and i did the side guns (which need more weathering) but they only got attached half hour ago.

lots morte work to do with the body/underside,then i have to tackle the legs (which should be fun in a good and bad way)

First Name
Charles
Just bought the amt version of this kit of ebay. Planning on doing a very odd build this time around. More like a cross-kiting combo type build. I think you will get a laugh outta it when done.

Last edited by a moderator:
First Name
Andy
I managed to find this one of e-bay, his name is Jeff, he was missing some parts so am slowly repairing him, I've had to use a nut & bolt to hold his front leg on...

Here Jeff is meeting Dixon my dog, they get on great...