Mr Color Aquaous, any good!

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Afternoon, has anybody got any experience of using this especially brush painting?

Might try it as brushed on and Mr color for spraying

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
never tried hairy brushing it but its lovely to air brush (with the right thinners)

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
never tried hairy brushing it but its lovely to air brush (with the right thinners)
Thanks Paul, believe you can you use the same Mr color thinners as per the lacquer paint

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I haven’t painted large areas with Mr. Aqueous Color, but for the smaller things I did paint with it, it worked well enough.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Bob mr aqueous are some of the best paints out there fantastic through the airbrush and its fine to use the mr colour thinners or the self leveling thinners never really used them with a brush only to highlight nuts and bolts chips and scratches etc though I do use mr hobby aqueous thinner with the aqueous paints keeping the others for mr hobby lacquer paints believing that mr hobby aqueous thinner is made to get the best from aqueous paints

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
I haven’t painted large areas with Mr. Aqueous Color, but for the smaller things I did paint with it, it worked well enough.
Thanks Jakko
Bob mr aqueous are some of the best paints out there fantastic through the airbrush and its fine to use the mr colour thinners or the self leveling thinners never really used them with a brush only to highlight nuts and bolts chips and scratches etc though I do use mr hobby aqueous thinner with the aqueous paints keeping the others for mr hobby lacquer paints believing that mr hobby aqueous thinner is made to get the best from aqueous paints
Hi David, thank you for the info, will give them a go!

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I found that it was very thick paint and needed to be thinned down for brush painting work. A bit like using Tamiya paint. Preferred to use pure acrylic. Awesome for airbrush though.