Mud Trap

First Name
Charles
Loving this Charles, loads!
Can I ask what you used to put it in? It looks like heavy duty plastic drainage pipe, could it be?
Wonderful!
Cheers Rob.
Hi Rob. Glad you liked it. The base is a used carton band roll that was used to supply plastic bands to package steel plates on wooden pallets. We used these every day at work. So I just collect a few and take them home when they are dispensed.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I have been experimenting with different types of methods lately. This time is with mud. Yep! Good old natural mud. :smiling3: I used mud collected from a neighboring farmer's dirt road. Really fine dirt, I must add. All I did in this diorama, was add PVA glue, and a little water, and Voila! The muddy puddles you see were done using a mixture of Liquitex gloss medium & varnish, and their Transparent Raw Sienna ink for the muddy look. I also tried a little mixture of MIG wet effects and Liquitex Raw Sienna. I think the end result looks pretty convincing. I am still fine tuning the surrounding areas by doing some dry-brushing on the mud, to bring out the different texture. But so far, it appeals to me. The model itself is from AMT 350 Pay hauler. I had this kit for a while and did not know what to do with it. The big bucket was cut down to fit. So there is no chassi just the big bucket and front end of the pay hauler. I did much on the interior with some additions and some minor scratch built parts. This scenes inspiration was taken from many photos of collapse mines or sink holes that dumpers and machines alike, have fallen victims. As always, I like to always do some different and try to go one-step further. ;)

Outstanding!

Caustik Filth

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rob
Hi Rob. Glad you liked it. The base is a used carton band roll that was used to supply plastic bands to package steel plates on wooden pallets. We used these every day at work. So I just collect a few and take them home when they are dispensed.
Great recycling d.i.y. very cool ! ✌️

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Love this - so different, and so realistic! The mud and the puddles are amazing - I can almost smell the stink coming off that dirty, foetid water. Superb job.

First Name
Charles
Love this - so different, and so realistic! The mud and the puddles are amazing - I can almost smell the stink coming off that dirty, foetid water. Superb job.
Thank you very much, Paul.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Love it Charles, I once stuck a 1/1 scale dozer almost as bad once :confounded: ;)

Jim.