Muddy Windscreen painting - help!

S

snapper41

Hi;

Can anyone tell me how to paint a dirty windscreen, where it is clear where the wipers have worked? Thanks!

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Find the arc of the wipers on paper and cut them out, use bluetac to put on your windscreen so the paper is about a 1mm from it then a light dust from the airbrush. It'll have a nice feathered look where the wipers have been and not look ott, hope this helps.

Have fun, John

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Not a problem, glad to be of help :xyxthumbs:

Have fun, John

M

m1ks

Exactly what that man said, however i'd personally use masking tape straight to the screen to give a hard edge as this is what real wipers would give on a dirty screen.

Personal preference on that one but something to think about.

An easy way to calculate the swept area is to use a pair of compasses from the pivot to the bottom then top of the wiper blade. (I saw this on a tutorial somewhere and it worked perfectly, sounds more complicated than it is but will see if I can find the original and link to it)

C

CDW

If you've used a pair of dividers to ascertain the arc then you could "pull" them in a bit and slightly scratch the surface of the wind screen in a few select areas giving the effect of abrasion damage from an "ill fitting" or broken wiper blade or just good old grit scratches.

Adds a bit of authenticity :smiling3:

Last edited: