Multi Engine fun.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Here is my Pipster Tri-Motor,a simple conversion of the tubby sports model that a few of us have had hours of enjoyment.

The reason for this model is to gain experience with muti engine operation pending flight of my Lancaster when it gets completed,you just need to shut down any offending motors in a set manner,if the inboard motor fails then you need to act quickly jst as the full size example.

The Tri-motor layout is just excellent to practise with,she has flown on any permutation of power possible,1 engine,two engines outboard,front motor and either outboard,you need to kick in the trim quickly.

I have even landed her on one outboard engine alone ! and believe me that is tricky you need to have your wits about you.

I call her the Multi engined trainer and I have learned a lot from this model which will be retired soon as the test programme is over.

The other picture is the 11 foot Lancaster wing under construction which will benefit from the experience gained with the Pipster.

View attachment 11499

View attachment 11500

View attachment 12149

View attachment 12150

1a7a3e60.jpg

1a4cfd90.jpg

A

adzam

what sort of timescale is involved in the building of the lancaster wonwinglo ?

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Timescale on the Lanc.

Hello Adzam,thanks for your interest,well I started her 4 years ago from a scaled up Airfix kit ! it is one of those models that you just plod on with and one day it will be finished,problem is that I cannot get her assembled in my tiny workshop shed so I have to work on her outside when the sun shines,here is a view of her assembled to give you a better idea of how she is built up,it has full cockpit detail with a navigators station and tiny map,seats and full instrument panel,the whole thing bolts together with screwed rod from B & Q.

View attachment 11502

View attachment 12152

18802030.jpg