My 1/8 Scale BTTF DeLorean (WIP)

N

NemVia

I just started my first subscription build and what better choice could there be to try one than with the Doc Brown DeLorean Time machine. I've received and assembled my first 6 issues so far. more coming up next month. Check it out and let me know what you think!
Mark100_7882.JPG100_7885.JPG100_7886.JPG100_7888.JPG100_7889.JPG

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
How long does the subscription last for? Certainly off to a great start. I wonder if there any many De Lorean's still going?

N

NemVia

There are 130 issues, you get 4 each month. I think the total was 25 months. You can stop or start the subscription any time you want. Financially, (so far) it is working out for me at the moment. Thanks for your comment, Steve.
Mark

N

NemVia

SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER Updates - 2018
Hi Everyone! I didn't forget about you. I've been working my tail off at my secular job. A Lot of changes being made that interfere with my projects BIG TIme. Hopefully it will calm down a bit over the next few weeks.

For my DeLorean build, I had to hold off on that for about a month because my ISSUE 10 had some missing parts. The different size fixing screws are all labeled with letters like DM which represent the screw size needed to mount some of the parts together or to the main frame of the car. Well, instead of sending me the screws labeled DM, I received to packets of AP screws which a smaller than the DM screws so I could not finish some of the build. I got on the phone with Eaglemoss right away and told them what the problem was and without question or charge they sent me another issue 10! This was awesome. I only needed the screws but they sent me a Whole new Issue. I couldn't believe it! No problems! Great people to work with. So if anyone needs a new Issue 10 minus the DM screws for whatever reason let me know.

Anyway, instead of just the September update with issues 6 - 9, I am also adding Octobers update with Issues 10 - 14. Little by little the car is taking shape. I have 37 new pics of the parts and assembly of issues 6 -14 on the 1/8 Scale DeLorean Build page for this month! Check it out and I'll see you next month.
Mark
https:100_7909.JPG100_7914.JPG100_7929.JPG100_7931.JPG100_7932.JPG100_7943.JPG100_7947.JPG//www.NemVia.net

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
A very nice update Mark. The build is coming on well. Any issues with the fix as it looks a really tidy build?

N

NemVia

Thanks Steve, I've not had any issues this far, other than my fingers are just too fat for some of the parts. But, Hey... that's what tweezers are for. Thanks for your comment.

NOVEMBER/DECEMBER UPDATES - 2018
Sorry about the delay in the update. The weather and work have been nearly impossible this whole last month. A quick update for my website, though: For those visitors who check for updates on their cell phones and tablets, I was able to get the issue of viewing the pictures on my website resolved. I have received several complaints about visitors not being able to view the pictures on my site. It seems there was a software issue that has now been updated, so you should be able to visit my site without any further issues. I've tried it on my own phone and now I don't have any problems seeing any of the pics. Thanks to all for letting me know about this issue! Hopefully everything is fixed.

My only update for Nov/Dec is for the DeLorean Build. I have over 50 new pics on the 1/8 BTTF DeLorean page. Check out Slides 57 - 110 on the 1/8 BTTF DeLorean page. The assembly goes very fast with each of the Issues received. It takes about 5 to 10 minutes per issue so I can do a few things every few days if I need to. This is a really enjoyable build. Currently I'm working on the building of the Engine. The details are just phenomenal. Please check out the pics. Drop a few comments if you can.
As many of you know, those who have followed my builds over the years, December is a very low model building month for me so I will probably not be able to get much of anything done until early next year. The drydock has been on hold now for a while jus because of my job. But hopefully things will taper down by the 1st week of January and I can get back into the swing of things. Please be safe during this time of the year and I will see you in 2019.
Thanks everyone!
~Mark~
http://www.NemVia.net

Attached Thumbnails

N

NemVia

JANUARY UPDATES - 2019
WOW! Already the beginning of a new year. December flew by and I'm glad it did. It's good to get back to work on something I would really rather be doing anyway.
I received issues 23 - 26 for the DeLorean build. For the most part it is finishing up the engine assembly and getting it mounted onto the car frame. It looks real good assembled. I just have to dirt the engine up a little, by adding some weathering and usage stains to the manifolds, oil pan and transmission areas. The engine looks awesome, but it's a little to pristine! Anyway, I've posted 25 new pics on the 1/8 scale BTTF DeLorean page. Just click on the page and look at new updates starting at pic 111 - 136. Hope you enjoy the pics.

Looking forward to next month's updates. Everyone have a good month! See you then,
Mark.

http:tongue-out3:/www.NemVia.net
100_8023-jpg.971515
100_8026-jpg.971516
100_8030-jpg.971517
100_8034-jpg.971518

N

NemVia

FEBRUARY UPDATES - 2019

Hi everyone, this is the DeLorean Build update for February. I've received issues 27 - 30 and they are incredibly simple to assemble, just minimum work to do. The main focus was on the Chassis plate and the radiator and water pipe assemblies. Adding the plate to the car has really increased the total weight of the model, as the plate is made from metal. It now weighs in at 5.3lbs or 2392g. I could almost do some body building with this kit. Anyway, everything is fitting together nicely. I did have to make an adjustment to the two water pipes or hoses that connect to the engine. They are black radiator hoses the are made from a very stiff plastic, so there was very little give in them to make then fit properly. I wound up sanding down the side of the hose that faces the engine. When I did get it to fit you don't even notice it was filed down. I don't have pics yet of the weathering of the engine parts because I wanted to wait until all of this was assembled before I did anything. Hopefully, this will add a touch of the "used" look to the overall time machine. There are 20 new progress pics on the "1/8 scale BTTF DeLorean" starting on page 3 of the photo album, pics 137 - 157. Let me know what you think! The next 4 Issues are already being processed, so I'm looking forward to that as well. See you next month, happy modeling.
Mark

In other update news I've just became a GRANDFATHER for the 9th time. So happy days for that! Take care and we'll talk with you soon!
http:tongue-out3:/www.NemVia.net

Last edited by a moderator:
N

NemVia

MARCH UPDATES - 2019

Greetings Fellow Modelers.

Just got back from 2 weeks vacation in a place that was nice and warm. Had to take a break from this awful cold weather in the Midwest. So, now after some recharging of the batteries from a good rest, I can deal with life again for a little while.

This month's update is a bonus update. Before I went on VACA, I received Issues 31 - 34 and assembled them, photographed them and then all I needed to do was edit them when I came back from our trip. At the beginning of the month, or on March 6th, I received Issues 35 - 38. So you can see the updates for 8 of the Issues this month. Also, the box I received for my shipment was unusually large this time and I couldn't really figure out why at first. But, then I checked my billing manifest and found that the 3rd and final "FREE" gift was included with this delivery which I forgot about. Eaglemoss sent me the Display Base for the DeLorean. It looks pretty sharp. Measures 27" x 14" x 1.5" and has a mirrored surface to display the underneath of the car and a BACK TO THE FUTURE display plate on the front. Issue 38 came with 4 mounting brackets for the car to sit on, but they don't hold the car high enough for hover mode. Maybe they're will be 4 more coming in the future that are a little higher up. Whish I had a Flux Capacitor so I could find out..... Hah... Anyway, I was also surprised that the front and rear wheel wells were metal pieces instead of plastic. The only Issue I had with these concerned the rear wheel wells. I found that in order to get them screwed in place I needed to first screw in the front part of the wells to the Chassis, then put the 2nd and 3rd screws in until they were flush with the Chassis. The "suspension" parts kind of hold the wheel wheels up and away from the frame. IF you try to put the screws in from back to front it's a little more difficult. Just letting anyone whose building this kit know how to get these parts in place. With these 8 Issues, some of the wiring has arrived along with the Battery Box and lid which are cleverly and appropriately hidden in the "fuel" tank. It looks like in the next Issue (39) some more wiring items will be arriving. I'm looking forward to it. There are 43 "New" pics in the "1/8 Scale BTTF DeLorean" page, starting on page 3 and slide number 158. For a view of the Display base, go to the bottom of page 3. As always, comments are welcome. See you next Month.

Mark

http://www.NemVia.net

100_8107.JPG

N

NemVia

APRIL UPDATES - 2019

Just to let everyone know, our website URL has been changed to www.NemVia.org and the website is now simply known as NemVia. Without realizing it I let the .net expire. It was just easier to move everything to .org.

As for the DeLorean build, I've added 22 new pics to the "1/8 scale BTTF DeLorean" page. A lot of the build this month focused on the time circuit display and adding some more wiring for the lighting effects such as the brake lights, front and rear tail lights and turn signal blinkers. The brake pedal actually moves and has a spring to pull the pedal back in place. The center console also the gear shift handle which also moves and comes with a rubber shroud similar to a real shift shroud. The climate control details are very awesome, although I really doubt you'll be able to see them when the time circuits are all in place. The keypad is now in place as well as the stereo with cassette player details and controls as well as the compass. I'm really looking forward to the upcoming issues. Issue 43 looks to have more of the time circuit wiring along with the start of the beginnings of the Flux Capacitor assembly. Pretty "Heavy" Stuff. Once again, the details are just awesome on this build. She's starting to look more and more like a car. Can't wait.

Mark

The top link will take you to the 1st update pic for this month. The second is for the website home page.

https://www.nemvia.org/apps/photos/photo?photoid=205641117

http://www.NemVia.org

100_8140.JPG