My Airfix 1/12 Scale Figures from the mid 70's

D

Deleted member 4539

Great fun seeing these Neil :smiling3:.
I must admit that they are a teeny weeny bit shit:tears-of-joy:.
Still they are miles better than I could do at that age.
When I first started I was trying to paint while there was still blobs of cement everywhere(is the glue supposed to dry first?;)).

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Great fun seeing these Neil :smiling3:.
I must admit that they are a teeny weeny bit shit:tears-of-joy:.
Still they are miles better than I could do at that age.
When I first started I was trying to paint while there was still blobs of cement everywhere(is the glue supposed to dry first?;)).

:tears-of-joy:
Let's hope my Imperial Guard Grenadier turns out a bit better than these,eh?
I do have the unfinished Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn, but I can't see myself ever bothering to do anything with them.
I always fancied making a military figure out of their Show Jumper, but you don't see them around much for sensible prices.

D

Deleted member 4539

:tears-of-joy:
Let's hope my Imperial Guard Grenadier turns out a bit better than these,eh?
I do have the unfinished Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn, but I can't see myself ever bothering to do anything with them.
I always fancied making a military figure out of their Show Jumper, but you don't see them around much for sensible prices.
I'm sure it will :smiling3:.

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Neil

Your initial spelling was certainly not wrong. Napoleon, born in Corsica, spoke with an Italian accent and his name was more Italian than French. Only much later did France annex Corsica. When he first went to the artillery academy in France he pronounced his name Napoleone, which in French sounds like La Paille au nez which means a straw in the nose. This is apparently what his classmates called him. As Michael Caine always used to say "Not a lot a' people know that"

John