My board wargame collection.....plus a sports one.....

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Andrew. Pity I missed those games then.
We are so alike in that respect. I keep lists of session players on albums, readings daily of the solar panels. Lists of models , paints etc.
My greatest achievement was being told by a tax inspector who came to check my accounts that I had missed my vocation ! I had offered her the chance to see my consumables list on 45 subdivisions.

Strangely she declined !:smiling3::smiling3::smiling3:
MY GOD J/R BEIN THE TAXMAN :rolling: :confounded::flushed: Aaaaaaaaggggghhhhhhhhhhhh
UNTHINKABLE
chris

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
MY GOD J/R BEIN THE TAXMAN :rolling: :confounded::flushed: Aaaaaaaaggggghhhhhhhhhhhh
UNTHINKABLE
chris
Yes Chris,a spot check , when they ask to come your house, check all your accounts , bank etc. Two of them, one nice and the other , well made Matron look charming .
Went through every thing, then left , saying you'll get a letter with out findings.
Well after she said that I was so chuffed the I didn't worry .letter came saying there was nothing they could find that needed to be addressed.

Quite made my day, esp when a friend who laughed at me being so meticulous was finned for not having proper accounts !

Last edited:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andrew. Pity I missed those games then.
We are so alike in that respect. I keep lists of session players on albums, readings daily of the solar panels. Lists of models , paints etc.
My greatest achievement was being told by a tax inspector who came to check my accounts that I had missed my vocation ! I had offered her the chance to see my consumables list on 45 subdivisions.

Strangely she declined !:smiling3::smiling3::smiling3:
Shame indeed John, I spent many enjoyable hours with them.

Kudos! Impressing the tax man - hats off to you. Just realised that I forgot to mention our family budget.....

In part because of my father's influence but also because my first job was working in the high street branch of a major bank and involved watching so may customers NOT control their money, I have always kept meticulous financial records e.g. keep a proper note of cheques issued (in the old days), cash withdrawals and ALWAYS reconciled my bank statement at the end of each month.....

....fast forward to my marriage....

...we'd never lived with anyone else before.....we were buying our first a home together (we were both renting).....and planning a wedding.....and my wife is even more fastidious on tracking spending than I am (in a good way)......so you can imagine the spreadsheets and budgets.......:surprised:

Fast forward nearly 20 years and the current iteration of our family budget has a column for each 'pot' e.g. gas, electric, food, clothes, holiday, each child etc........45 columns to be precise.....and the income pots even incorporate some back double entry book keeping.....oh and I still reconcile the bank statements and credit card bills.....and I make sure they tally with the budget to the penny.....

All I can say is power to the NERDHOOD comrade!!! ;)

Take care.

Andrew

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
UNTHINKABLE
chris
Having met some taxmen, I think John would have been a VAST improvement!!!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Shame indeed John, I spent many enjoyable hours with them.

Kudos! Impressing the tax man - hats off to you. Just realised that I forgot to mention our family budget.....

In part because of my father's influence but also because my first job was working in the high street branch of a major bank and involved watching so may customers NOT control their money, I have always kept meticulous financial records e.g. keep a proper note of cheques issued (in the old days), cash withdrawals and ALWAYS reconciled my bank statement at the end of each month.....

....fast forward to my marriage....

...we'd never lived with anyone else before.....we were buying our first a home together (we were both renting).....and planning a wedding.....and my wife is even more fastidious on tracking spending than I am (in a good way)......so you can imagine the spreadsheets and budgets.......:surprised:

Fast forward nearly 20 years and the current iteration of our family budget has a column for each 'pot' e.g. gas, electric, food, clothes, holiday, each child etc........45 columns to be precise.....and the income pots even incorporate some back double entry book keeping.....oh and I still reconcile the bank statements and credit card bills.....and I make sure they tally with the budget to the penny.....

All I can say is power to the NERDHOOD comrade!!! ;)

Take care.

Andrew
Surprised you have time to spend any of it Andrew :tongue-out3: You should get a job in Pharmaceutical production. You’d find it a match made in heaven….

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Surprised you have time to spend any of it Andrew :tongue-out3: You should get a job in Pharmaceutical production. You’d find it a match made in heaven….
Trust me..... Spending it is not a problem...... Internet enabled phones are a VERY bad idea..... :smiling2: ;)

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Brought back memories of the hours of good natured argument over moves/rules. PB, PL, AI, were all great fun. SL was too complex for me to enjoy. We moved on to computer based Steel Panthers & Steel Panthers II before losing interest in gaming.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Brought back memories of the hours of good natured argument over moves/rules. PB, PL, AI, were all great fun. SL was too complex for me to enjoy. We moved on to computer based Steel Panthers & Steel Panthers II before losing interest in gaming.
Paul

Apologies, completely missed this. You're right about the complexity of the rules. ASL really was a nightmare in hindsight.....

ATB.

Andrew

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Paul

Apologies, completely missed this. You're right about the complexity of the rules. ASL really was a nightmare in hindsight.....

ATB.

Andrew
On the other hand, modern games are simpler, with much better mechanics, and emphasise the “game” or “narrative” rather than the “war”. They are therefore much more fun (and quicker) to play.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
On the other hand, modern games are simpler, with much better mechanics, and emphasise the “game” or “narrative” rather than the “war”. They are therefore much more fun (and quicker) to play.

Indeed!