My completed WW1 trench diorama....

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Very realistic Tom, an excellent example of trench warfare at its finest and its worst. Tell me, what scale are you working in? One can almost hear the shouting of men, the reports of the weapons and the smell of gunpowder in the air. Well done. :thumb2: Rick H.

SpitfireAce

SMF Supporter
First Name
Tom
Thanks Rick. This was 1:35 scale. It's the third dio I've done. The first was very simple (and looks like a first attempt.) The second I had a lot of fun with (WW2 Caen) and hopefully will post some pics soon.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I think this is a terrific effort on the terrain and looks pretty convincing. A little word of advice is to pay attention to each figure even though there are many in this dio. In your next attempt, do sand away the mold lines of the figures as the close-ups show it glaringly. From a distance it is really good if you look at the overall scene. Well done on a third effort. :thumb2: Hope to see more from you.
The tank is nice...is it the Emhar kit? The tracks were the dead give-away and would have picked up all that mud and dirt from the battlefield.
I hope you take these comments positively as being constructive as I see potential in efforts to improve when you mentioned about your earlier attempts.

Cheers,
Richard

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Tom

That's very, very good indeed. Well done.

Andrew

SpitfireAce

SMF Supporter
First Name
Tom
I think this is a terrific effort on the terrain and looks pretty convincing. A little word of advice is to pay attention to each figure even though there are many in this dio. In your next attempt, do sand away the mold lines of the figures as the close-ups show it glaringly. From a distance it is really good if you look at the overall scene. Well done on a third effort. :thumb2: Hope to see more from you.
The tank is nice...is it the Emhar kit? The tracks were the dead give-away and would have picked up all that mud and dirt from the battlefield.
I hope you take these comments positively as being constructive as I see potential in efforts to improve when you mentioned about your earlier attempts.

Cheers,
Richard

Hi Richard, Thanks for the feedback, all comments taken as constructive (that's how we learn on this site) . I didn't really notice the mold lines until I saw them in the photos. I now know to look for them in the building process (and to wear stronger glasses :nerd:):thumb2:. Yes, the tank is an Emhar. I purposely didn't go full-bore on the weathering (mud on the tracks, sides etc.) I have only 'placed' the tank on the dio so that I have the flexibility to remove it at a later time, in case I ever decide to display the tank stand-alone or in another dio (perhaps drier with less mud;)),

Last edited:

SpitfireAce

SMF Supporter
First Name
Tom
Thanks guys, I hope to load my 2nd dio - perhaps within a couple weeks. Now, off to check out some of the other inspiring dios on the site!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great Dio Tom- Plenty to see and very well done.
Looks like your test worked so I amended the title a little.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Tom
Very nice indeed. Well thought out and full of action and interest. The mud and the puddles are particularly well done.
Jim