My dillema..

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I divide my stash in my mind between the more complex, sophisticated and expensive kits and the rest.

In the 'complex, sophisticated and expensive' category right now is half my stash. All Zoukei Mura and Tamiya kits are in this category and three of the six in the stash are ZMs.

I am now in a six month run-up to retirement and I am into the complex process of selling my regulated business and I dont really want to do any of my 'complex, sophisticated and expensive' kits. I am facing a lot of changes in this period that I cannot do into on here.

So that leaves me two Trumpeters, the P-40F and P-47 plus the Revell me109-G to choose from.

There are some kits that I am considering purchasing:

The 1/48 HKM B17G or an F if they release one, Yes, 1/48.... but in six months or so I might be in a position to accomodate it in 1/32..... and the Lanc.... Not sure about this one and, besides, this kit will be in the 'complex, sophsticated and expensive' categoty whichever scale I get.

The 1/32 Lancaster 'Nose Art edition is another option but then if I do end up being able to accomodate the full sized Lanc....

I also have also bee eying up the HKM B25 but again that is a 'c,s&e' kit.

The Trumpeter Ju87 is another possibility.

There are other kits that are under development that I am keenly awaiting all in 1/32, the ZM Fw190, ZM (or HKM) P51 B/C, the HKM Spey Phantom, all of which may or more likely may not be released over this period but all of them are 'c,s&e'.

So - I have six months left, it seems much of it back working from home and just three kits, The Revell me109 and the two Trumpie P40 and P47 (possibly a fourth if I get the Ju87) to build. Even with the business sale work on top of my usual business I am likely to have more time at the bench so will these kits last me out?

The Revell next, not my favourite company but it was cheap and even if it is crap it should not give me too many headaches.

Del640

SMF Supporter
First Name
Del
Blimey, what a headache!

I retired Sept, got bored, got a job!

However, I got a lump sum from the pension so treated the wife to a top of the range Lego Millennium falcon..(BIG brownie points)

I treated myself to the Airfix 1/24 Hellcat and the Revell 'Perfect grade' Millennium falcon.

Most people buy a car when they retire, I wanted the above!!

Barry, you get what you want and enjoy it,

The JU87 looks a good one though!

Good luck in whatever route you take..

Regards,

Del

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Special hobby look to have some interesting 1/32 stuff on the way.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I am not sure what happened. This thread appears twice!!! very strange.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Blimey, what a headache!

I retired Sept, got bored, got a job!

However, I got a lump sum from the pension so treated the wife to a top of the range Lego Millennium falcon..(BIG brownie points)

I treated myself to the Airfix 1/24 Hellcat and the Revell 'Perfect grade' Millennium falcon.

Most people buy a car when they retire, I wanted the above!!

Barry, you get what you want and enjoy it,

The JU87 looks a good one though!

Good luck in whatever route you take..

Regards,

Del
HI Del please please can we see pics of your wife's Lego Millennium falcon when she has built it an yours as it would be great to see some si fi builds on here
chris ps pics of the boxes would be great for a starters

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN Barry good luck an hope you enjoy your retirement when it comes :thumb2:
chris

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
AN Barry good luck an hope you enjoy your retirement when it comes :thumb2:
chris
Thanks Chris
My business can be very stressful so I am looking forward to reaping nthe rewards now...

Del640

SMF Supporter
First Name
Del
HI Del please please can we see pics of your wife's Lego Millennium falcon when she has built it an yours as it would be great to see some si fi builds on here
No problem at all.
Del

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
I'm looking at the Ju87G aswell. From what i've seen it's a nice kit. Yes it has faults but i'm not a rivet counter that must have something so accurate that anything else is just not acceptable. It looks like a Ju87 so therefore it is.

Also looking at the upcoming Italeri Tornado GR4 kit. But the price tag is making me balk.

Reactions: JR

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Hi Barry

good luck with the sale and All the bench time retirement will bring. in 2008 I sold a regulated business and the process itself was stressful, but worth it.

Peter

D

Deleted member 5496

Wow I retired at 64, yes stressful, then got bored & started two new sideline businesses. Great no stress as I had plenty of time to run them as they were half time.

The other half of time building models.

Del640

SMF Supporter
First Name
Del
Chris,
Sorry been away, sent you a pm with pics of my MF and the current status of the Lego build.

Box pics as requested!

Del
P.s the first pic is the grown up Bandai box

Attachments

• PXL_20201009_101829720.jpg
    PXL_20201009_101829720.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 11
  • PXL_20201009_101825051.jpg
    PXL_20201009_101825051.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 11
  • PXL_20201009_101820650.jpg
    PXL_20201009_101820650.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 11
  • PXL_20201009_101731738.jpg
    PXL_20201009_101731738.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 10

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI DEL thanks for showin the box pics but now lets see all the other pics of it an your wife's on there own thread an all in full size pics please as my windows 10 cuts off part of the pics as im sure others would like to see it as they are both fantastic models
chris

Del640

SMF Supporter
First Name
Del
HI DEL thanks for showin the box pics but now lets see all the other pics of it an your wife's on there own thread an all in full size pics please as my windows 10 cuts off part of the pics as im sure others would like to see it as they are both fantastic models
chris
Ok!