My first conversion Tamiya Quad to a Ford LRDG Truck

F

Fenlander

If it was me Ian, do you think I would admit it lol,but no it wasn't. Those figures are superb but $50 for four figures???? this is going to be one expensive build...... I would need some more for the jeep and the Ford F30 and individual figures are $15 each..... Oh dear.....

The resin wheels have arrived safe and sound from poland and very nice they are to. These are actually meant for the Chevrolet 30CWT truck but they were also fitted on the 'desert-ised' LRDG version of the Ford F30. The Quad comes with standard European 'cross country' tyres so I have ordered these to replace them. As you can see, the Tamiya ones actually don't look too bad, the rubber tyres are a bit of a pain though so another set may be needed to replace the Tamiya ones.

Also now got the plastic card to manufacture the rear of the truck, cheers John, usual outstanding service :smiling: so all I need now it the time and the planning to get on with it. I am tempted to build all three together just for the sake of sadistic modelling techniques, will have to wait and see.

S

sprayman

Good to see your cracking on with this Graham, very nice resin wheels there.

R

Richy C

Not been around for a while , I love a dio and double love a desert dio count me in on this one Graham , I see a lot of thought and expense going into this one and having a LRDG Truck is the DB`s mate , figures are a problem and resin is your only real option tbh , Historex`s is worth a look I`ve had a few things from them including the verlinden SAS jeep crew , desert raiders , and a Torbruk pit they also do other bits including a desert oasis house which looks the nuts also palm trees arabic pots etc etc , also Evolution miniatures do a few but nice SAS figures which I got from ebay , this is gonna be an expensive one mate but well worth the expense

I hope to start my Iraqi dio very soon so in a way it would be nice to see the two desert dio`s coming along together

count me in on this one big time, I love it

Richy

S

Sky Raider

Wow graham, picture, i was begining to think you were going to narrate your way through this build and deprive us of your progress and skills :smiling3:

Andy

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Those resin wheels look excellent! They're from Jadar models aren't they? (Ordered my SE5a from them - good service)

This whole build sounds very exciting I'll be keeping a keen eye on this!

All the best

Paul

Ps The New World Miniatures figures look the biz

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Those wheels look alright Graham. Oh and that Chevy on e-buygum. The winning bid was £54+ so the price is still holding on them!!!

I'm still slogging on with my QL. Back at work this week so slow going!!! :sad:

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Awfall quite here, got stuck in the sand Graham. :laughing:

F

Fenlander

Far too much on Ian. I have the figure painting to crack, a Tamiya 1:48 Tiger one to sort out, a vehicle to go on a base for my Tilly (I have it part done but not sure how to finish it yet so I will announce what it is if I decide to continue with it). I have to do some diorama building to learn, the dio to finish off my Cross of Iron Build with a couple of vehicles and loads of figures to complete and a full illustrated review/build for the online magazine of the HobbyBoss 1:48 T34 85 with interior.

At the moment, I am looking at a hour or two per day tops for modelling so to be honest, I am struggling to get anything done at all. Talk about getting bogged down.