My first Model

R

Richy C

I`ll tell you what Sam if thats your first model you have got a very bright future it looks great mate

nice one

Richy

F

Fenlander

I think it a great first build. Never had a go at a helicopter myself. Nice subtle weathering and, if I am not mistaken, a Koala bear climbing your lamp.......

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I gotta agree with Richy. That's a cracking start for a brand new modeller! Well done Sam and welcome to the forum.

Gern

S

Samh93

thank you soooooo much guys, I really enjoyed making it. At the moment i'm making Revell's Eurofighter but unfortunately the weather here in Hull meen's my Airbrush freezes up after 2 minutes :/ so i'm just on hold i suppose. I'm using Airbrush Propelant but it freezes so quickly, Would a compressor make a difference? and hahahaha Fenlander i wondered if anyone would notice the Koala :D

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
A compressor will make a world of difference, the only problem is you'll run out of models before you run out of air. If this is your first kit then you've done a great job on it, looking forward seeing some more.

Take care, John

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
hi sam ,great job on the chinook, nice paintwork.looking forward to the typhoon. cheers tony

T

tonyb6000

Nice one Sam

Have to disagree with you and Fenlander, don't think Koala's have tails, and they're definitely not bears.

Chinook is awesome! Love the rotor hubs, spot on, and the weathering over the decals, nice touch. Quick tip, try standing the cans of air in water. That can get you a bit of extra pressure if you're running low on air too.

Tony B

S

Samh93

Thankyou everyone, Hahahahaha Tony B ure right it's a kangaroo

F

Fenlander

Whoops didn't spot the tail and yes, I know that Koalas are not bears but when you are as old as me, you would have known them as Koala bears since being a child, just after they discovered Australia....... Anyway, what's a Kangaroo doing climbing up a lamp???? Oh yes, you are quick to accept that are you not :smiling5:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Well done Sam, a cracking first model....

I am sure there are people seeing it and perhaps remembering their first model and how it probably had it's one way maiden flight down the garden!

This debut model of yours would stand proud on any shelf.

Congrats.

Ron

B

Bojo

^^I remember being a kid, so about 8 years ago, haha, but I do remember blowing a few of them up with fireworks. Ah the memories.

Great job on the model mate. Don't blow it up, it's waaayyy too good for the fate that my first few faced.

S

Samh93

Hahahahaha thnks for the advice Bojo, I'll avoid fireworks then :D People don't take kindly to fireworks were i live anyway, Miserable people suck :/

N

noble

Hi sam i've just viewed this and i agree with every word Richy said beautiful work indeed lovely paint job nice subtle weathering, you my friend have a talent, keep up the good work.

scott

S

Samh93

thanks so much Scott, i thoroughly enjoyed making this, I'll never forget my first model, it's like my intro to modeling (: