My first non WW2 Tank-M41 Walker Bulldog

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
A`noon Guys,
Whilst spending the last 6 months or so working on smallish stuff for my ongoing"Longstick........." Dio,i`ve decided to do something a bit larger alongside it.
My roots have been pretty much anchored to WW2 modelling wise,but i`ve ALWAYS had a hankering to buy,and build this kit! I have no idea why,but it`s just something that has attracted me to it for many years,about a year ago i gave in and bought one,i just hope it proves to be a good typical Tamiya build as i`m quite excited to start it:nerd:!!
Bulldog.jpg
It wasn`t ever,remotely, "The Best Tank In The World",but there`s just SOMETHING about it that grips me??!!!
May not be the most popular thread ever,but anyone who fancies chipping in/following along the way are more than welcome!!:cool:,
Cheers for now.........

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Looks interesting, will be watching with interest.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi Andy
I'll watch to see how you get on.

Sometimes we just have to accept the SOMETHING and go with it.
Jim
Hi Jim,Lovely to see you Sir :thumb2:
Watch away...... however,as this is a bit outta my comfort zone,you may have to "Turn Away" occasionally!!:rolling:
I appreciate you looking in,as,(And please don`t take this literally !!),you are one of the "Old Hands" of people that i met on returning to the hobby back in 2011 on a now defunct site...... I`m SO GLAD that you returned to our shores those few years ago old chap!!:cool:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
They are a good looking vehicle, when something's right, it's just right. A bit like a Willys Jeep.

I remember my neighbour had one on his shelf when I was a kid and I'd always have a bit of a stare as I walked by.
Yes,They are "Right" aren`t they Dan.....
I`ve never seen a completed build before,(Not in the flesh anyway!),so i have a blank canvas...... although that might be a bad thing considering my skills!! :rolling::tears-of-joy:
Nice to have you looking in Buddy..... I see you`re from "Sunny Cornwall"?!!:flushed: Where abouts are you Sir?..... It must be a VERY select part...... My Daughter lives in St.Denis..... I was in the RAF at St.Mawgan on Nimrods in the Mid to late 80`s......
I`m guessing you`re living the high life in retirement around St.Ives / St Erth /Padstow or the like:thumb2:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looks interesting, will be watching with interest.
Hi Gerry,
Nice to see you Mate:thumb2:,
There`s not normally much interest,(Kinda understandably),in these post war Tanks,so i`m very pleased to have you looking in :cool:
Cheers,
Andy

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Andy,
I'm in mate. I know what you mean there are some things that are just a must. I don't build aircraft they have no interest for me but I keep looking at the Grumman Avenger, there is just something about it.

CarolsHusband

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dan
Yes,They are "Right" aren`t they Dan.....
I`ve never seen a completed build before,(Not in the flesh anyway!),so i have a blank canvas...... although that might be a bad thing considering my skills!! :rolling::tears-of-joy:
Nice to have you looking in Buddy..... I see you`re from "Sunny Cornwall"?!!:flushed: Where abouts are you Sir?..... It must be a VERY select part...... My Daughter lives in St.Denis..... I was in the RAF at St.Mawgan on Nimrods in the Mid to late 80`s......
I`m guessing you`re living the high life in retirement around St.Ives / St Erth /Padstow or the like:thumb2:
Andy

Hi Andy. We're down on the Lizard, out of the way. Down a dead end lane in an old bungalow. Living the dream...

I say "out of the way" but we very nearly had that BAE Hawk down the chimney the other day. Crashed about 2 miles away. Saw them come over, heard the crump as it hit the deck. Life in the sticks....
Good luck with the build !

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Room for an old one on the front row Andy ?

Like you I'm normally into WW2 but this looks an interesting model.

Carry on please.:smiling3:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Scottie mate, the Avenger is a big model! The real one at Yeovilton had the same effect on me, I bought a 1/48 kit in the shop on the way out LOL.....the box is huge!

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I built this one 25+ years ago, when it was the only kit of the vehicle. As I recall, typical Tamiya in that it builds up easily enough, but also typically Old Tamiya in that it’s missing a lot of detail, like, oh, sponson floors :smiling3: Agreed that it has that something that makes it an attractive-looking vehicle, unlike its bigger brother, the M47.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Interesting Andy. Well be interested in his this turns out.

ATB.

Andrew

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
They served notably in VN as surplus. I've also always thought they were "right". Love the turret shape and thought the travel lock unique.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Great little kit, did one myself not too long ago.
It does build into one impressive looking little tank.

Jim.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
This was my first 1/35 tank and it’s always been my favorite just look at my avatar. I’ll be watching

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Couldn't believe they were still trying to sell it to third world countries back in the early eighties. I saw one up close in the first pre LIMA show in KL dressed in desert yellow with some upgrades. My first experience of rubber fenders on the front and back.
Built one eons ago and nearly put it in a dio as a German panzer thanks to hollywood movies. :smiling6:
Lovely shaped tank and still is. Got my bean bag ready and see how this shapes up.

Cheers,
Richard

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
A`noon Guys,
Whilst spending the last 6 months or so working on smallish stuff for my ongoing"Longstick........." Dio,i`ve decided to do something a bit larger alongside it.
My roots have been pretty much anchored to WW2 modelling wise,but i`ve ALWAYS had a hankering to buy,and build this kit! I have no idea why,but it`s just something that has attracted me to it for many years,about a year ago i gave in and bought one,i just hope it proves to be a good typical Tamiya build as i`m quite excited to start it:nerd:!!
View attachment 418127
It wasn`t ever,remotely, "The Best Tank In The World",but there`s just SOMETHING about it that grips me??!!!
May not be the most popular thread ever,but anyone who fancies chipping in/following along the way are more than welcome!!:cool:,
Cheers for now.........
Andy,
If you have an itch, it has to be scratched, looking forward to what you do with this old 'un.
Mike