My first non WW2 Tank-M41 Walker Bulldog

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy,
Lovely job mate you really can't beat Tamyia even on an old kit like this for fit.
Cheers Scottie,
This kit really has it all.......... by that i mean.......
If you`re just after a nice rendition of a Bulldog,then it`s perfect.
If you`re wanting to build something a bit more accurate and authentic,then this is a perfect "Base" model.
...... BUT,the main thing,no matter what you`re after,is that it goes together a dream,and is great fun! :thumb2:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
It is, essentially. They started with a blank sheet of paper but clearly with the experience of the M24 in mind, and carried its good points over to the M41.
Excellent info Jakko :thumb2:
I had no idea at all about that!!..... But now you say that,it makes perfect sense!!
Cheers mate!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Good evening Mr Smith.
1973, ah I was a young married man of 25 enjoying life, and you a mere boy.Those were the days.
Looks good to me, clean mouldings.
Hi to Rach.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Good evening Mr Smith.
1973, ah I was a young married man of 25 enjoying life, and you a mere boy.Those were the days.
Looks good to me, clean mouldings.
Hi to Rach.
Thanks John,
You were really 25 then were you Sir?!!:flushed:..... In that case...... if my Maths is correct:rolling:....... that makes you......
..................( " `73 plus several...... minus a couple.... oh,then there`s those few....and THEN the ones we like to forget.....)........
..........:hugging-face:,SORTED......
...........A HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN YEARS OLD mate!!:thumb2:
Top man..... I bet Bob the Stug is envious of your youthfull looks!
....And Rach says "Hi" to you both....as do i and Cohan:smiling:,
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
The venerable Tammie kit, nice work so far Andy and always loved the look of this tank with its turret shape:smiling:
Cheers Fernando,
Thanks very much,and i agree with you,this is one SEXY looking Tank...... I was hooked by the box art and 2d images i`d seen in the first place.....but now it`s all together,i love it even more!!:cool:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Yep, it keeps the kids away from the front door.
I bet it does Mike!!
...... although my two would just shrug their shoulders,shake their heads and say,"Typical Dad"!!........ I`ve been TOTALLY into the Gothic/Reaper/Horror Sci Fi since well before they were born:smiling5:!!
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
An interesting year. My wife & two children traveled w/me 2800+ miles by car, pulling a U-Haul trailer w/worldly possessions from Buffalo NY to San Diego CA, w/o jobs, to start a new life. Turned out OK.
OMIGOD..... by my workings from MR.Race`s dates just now........
That makes you about seven hundred and five Paul:flushed:..... mind you,i`ve always considered you both as kinda "Sage" gentlemen!:thumb2:
Actually Paul,in the light of recent posts,i hope all`s well with you....... and Agent Dave hasn`t infiltrated your safe haven!
Andy

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
They sound interesting Jakko...... i may well try and look them up,been getting more into US Armour lately :thumb2: ,
If you want background on the development of American armoured vehicles, the variants they come in, and a fair amount of detail on how they actually look, these are very good books to invest in.

As a tip, though: try to find the original books, with hard covers and white dust jackets, if you can, because the printing is higher quality. (Forget about originals of Sherman or Stuart, however, they go for silly money.) The reprints with soft covers and a blue band on the cover, are scans of the originals, which means the pictures are less clear and the text is slightly pixellated making it more straining to read. Not sure about the versions with dark covers, with the World of Tanks tie-in.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
If you want background on the development of American armoured vehicles, the variants they come in, and a fair amount of detail on how they actually look, these are very good books to invest in.

As a tip, though: try to find the original books, with hard covers and white dust jackets, if you can, because the printing is higher quality. (Forget about originals of Sherman or Stuart, however, they go for silly money.) The reprints with soft covers and a blue band on the cover, are scans of the originals, which means the pictures are less clear and the text is slightly pixellated making it more straining to read. Not sure about the versions with dark covers, with the World of Tanks tie-in.
Thanks very much for all that Jakko :thumb2:
I do appreciate it,and will take all your points on board whilst i look.
Cheers mate,
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well then,Good evening Guys,
I`m sorry that i`ve not been around much lately...... bench/posting time has been hard to come by..... the virus curtailed my work for a bit,so i`m trying to make up for it as much as i can recently!
Anyway,behind the scenes i`ve done bits and bobs,(even bought some stuff!!:fearful:),so here`s a bit of an update,for those that haven`t died of boredom yet!!:flushed:
OK THEN.... I said this would be OOTB...... So,the Tracks are obviously the rubber band type,now i understand the people who say,"Oh my god,you can`t use them,they`re crap....invest in some Friuls",I do see where they`re coming from,but SORRY..... i ain`t paying nearly £40 for a pain in the arse set of links to put on a kit that i bought for £12.99!!
Bull4 - Copy.jpg
For me,they don`t look too bad as a base for tracks,although i have already painted them with VJ "Track Primer",and once on,they can be worked on further maybe;)
....... more coming soon..... don`t post yet!!..........