My first real go at a dioramma

• Thread starter Plastickitbasher
  • Start date
P

Plastickitbasher

Ok chaps first crack at this, I've tried to make it look wet cold and not very nice.

I've kept it simple some small pebbles an old twig some filler paint and some white glue was all that I've used.

I think I've got a bit to learn but it was fun having a go!!

Ok so here are a couple of pics

All comments are most welcome.

Ta muchly for looking

View attachment 24975

View attachment 24976

fig_002.jpg

fig_001.jpg

F

Fenlander

Oh yes, that looks great David. I would love to be able to paint a figure as good as this. very nice. The dio base fits it perfectly without distracting from the figure but holds it in a very natural looking setting. Great work.

R

Richy C

I will tell you what thats a cracking build , if that was my 1st dio I would be well chuffed , also you can`t beat a simple dio its an area I plan to move to when doing military stuff.

Great work

Richy

B

bikerbart

David...blinking excellent mate, you mustbe soooo chuffed. You know what sometimes a dio can be "over done" with far to much going on, but this is just perfect.

B

bikerbart

Forgot to ask...is that a 1/35th scale fig? Whatever the detailing is a credit to ya mate, loverly job :smiling:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
The guys are right. That's a little cracker! Well done David. I too would like to know what scale it is.

Gern

P

Plastickitbasher

Crumbs many thanks for your kind words I have another six figures to do a small dio for so I'll have another go.

This figure is from the Tamiya 1\16th range. Painted with colours from the Vallejo range, weathered with Mig pigments.

Once again many thanks feel all inspirered to have another go later in the week.

Oh I nearly forgot photo's were taken in natural light with my 17-85mm lens and kept the apperture wide open hoping to put the beer box out of focus!!! A small edit in photoshop and bobs your uncle all done!

Tip if you're taking indoor shots in natural light have your camera set to continuous thus avoiding camera shake

As always hope it helps

Regards

David

Last edited:
B

bikerbart

Ahhhh i have heard good things about this 1/16th scale...nice to finally see one done..and nicely done at that. Some great tips on the photographic front as well, cheers dude, keep them figures coming, there cracking good, all the best, Martin :smiling:

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Excellent job David. I'm doing my first ever dio for the GB and hope it comes out like yours. You should pat yourself on the back for it.

N

noble

Excellent figure painting and a nice little base top notch in my book mate keep up the good work.... oh and iam giving you 5 stars as well.

scott

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Spot on David, very nice simple diorama. Coupled with a nice composition, it's a well balanced build.

Sometimes simple dioramas are far more effective than over done, too much going on one's. You can miss so much with the latter and much of the builder's work is in vain...............Good fun though!!!

Cheers,

Ron

S

Stefan290790

Excellent job mate! Looks fantastic! I'd love to do a figure like that!

S

Stefan290790

Excellent job!!!! Love the detail of the mud, how did u do that????