My fisherman diorama. 'LOOKING OUT TO SEA'

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Hi guys, while I have been working on my RC boat I took time out to do a little dio of a fisherman that was originally a skipper in the wheelhouse of a RC trawler that got dropped and broke-used it for spare parts.

I was sat in the shed and looked at him and wondered what to do...something simple I thought.

The legs are cut from an old firework rocket stick and the planking is made from lollipop sticks, all sanded and weathered on my grinder/sander. The bollard is a brass finial off something and the lobster pot is a plastic base and copper wire with old distressed netting, the floats are actually really small line floats used by fisherman. The base was masked off, lightly sanded and a colour combo of ocean blue and light metallic blue added, once dry it was covered in clear sealant and the wave/ripples created using the back of a teaspoon. I used fine sand grains on the base of legs and part way up to create growth and then the whole lot was weathered using various matt paints and sponging/dry brush techniques.

So here he is:

Si:smiling3:

View attachment 67922

View attachment 67923

View attachment 67924

View attachment 67925

THE FISHERMAN 1.jpg

THE FISHERMAN 2.jpg

THE FISHERMAN 3.jpg

THE FISHERMAN 4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I like it a lot mate, he is one cool dude, well done
Thanks Andrew, glad you enjoy my old sea-dog. It was a an easy and fun build, really enjoyed making this one.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
like that ... like that a lot ... simple, but effective and very well put together.
Ta Colin, really had fun with this, all just went so smooth. The water effects worked, the sanding of the wood and the worn look effects and painting all just gelled together and worked.

A

AVB99

Brilliant Sir - in particular I love the effect of the old, warn, wooden jetty and the creel.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Brilliant Sir - in particular I love the effect of the old, warn, wooden jetty and the creel.
Thank you Aidan, as said before, something so simple to make yet it worked so well and says so much in just a few materials. So pleased you like it.

P

Polux

Genial little scene!! Love it! 'she' speak for his self!

Every day I prefer more this small builds, with a few pieces you have a 'big' story, that you can imagine!

He is looking for a ship... or maybe worried for the weather..?

Never will know! ;)

Cheers

Polux

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Genial little scene!! Love it! 'she' speak for his self!Every day I prefer more this small builds, with a few pieces you have a 'big' story, that you can imagine!

He is looking for a ship... or maybe worried for the weather..?

Never will know! ;)

Cheers

Polux
Thanking you Polux, exactly less in a piece can tell so much more. Glad you like it.

First Name
Aaron
Excellent stuff Si. Sorry i called you eddie on my thread. I love the work on the face...fantastic.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Wow, fantastic work Si, your fisherman and the diorama looks brilliant.
Thanks Joe, glad you like it.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Excellent stuff Si. Sorry i called you eddie on my thread. I love the work on the face...fantastic.
LOL, no probs, my nickname is Eddie, has been since I was 17, my mates still call me it. Really pleased you like it Aaron, very pleased myself how this worked out. It was just a little tinkering piece, something to do between jobs, not to take too seriously but it turned out nice.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Thanks Si, this brightened up my morning. I like it a lot.Jason
Thanks Jason, glad it made your morning :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Hi Si,I agree 100% with everyone else, this is a great little dio and he looks great, big ***** from me also Sir...

Andy...
Ta mucho Andy, he is going to go to my caravan and look out to sea for real.