My Grand daughter Karis`s first build..so proud of her...

D

Danny

Karis (9 years old) asked for stuff to do with the Titanic for Christmas as her class was doing a project about the fated ship this year. I bought her the Airfix 1:700 scale as it looked ok for her to get involved in while I was building it for her. She surprised me last night by arriving to show me the built kit as there were a couple of paint jobs she couldnt do on the hull.. Im so pleased with her with this her first ever go at building without any support . :smiling3:

DannyView attachment 58367View attachment 58368View attachment 58369

View attachment 60231

View attachment 60232

View attachment 60233

titanic1.JPG

titanic2.JPG

titanic3.JPG

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Brilliant stuff Danny, you have every right to be well chuffed with you grand child's effort....Pass on my congratulations!

My family couldn't care less about my stuff or making models, so top marks to the young 'un. The trick is to now keep the interest going....

Cheers,

Ron

M

mobear

better keep an eye on her danny,looks like she may be better than you lol,looks brilliant ot me 5 shiny big stars for her i think

mobear

D

Danny

Thanks guys...she lost a few bits due to the carpet monster...when I explained what the carpet monster is, she looked at me as if dimentia had set in, shook her head and walked away lol

M

mobear

i have no carpets in my living room,so the monster is held at bay lol

mobear

C

CDW

outstanding Danny. pass on our congratulations for a job very well done to the little 'un :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
realy cool danny shes done a great job 5* from me

First Name
Michael
Looks like she's a natural Danny, well done. 5*. M

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
A superb job, and a ship to boot, one of my modelling phobias. Beautifully built and a cracking paint job.

Give her 5 stars and a pat on the back for a job well done.

Tony.

First Name
Chris
Karis has earned herself the title of legend. To produce a a kit that looks that good at the age of 9.....legendary. I hope my daughter (3 yr old) will one day make something as good. (She loves Spifires......sweet)

Regards

Chris

S

Sky Raider

Thats a fantastic job, she is going to make a great modelers wife when she grows up.

Andy

D

Danny

I will let her see your lovely comments tomorrow when she comes round....Just had a look at the instruction sheet for the kit and without doubt it is a brilliant kit to get for kids, grandkids to get them started. You could build it without glue as it has clip joins on all the parts and a good lot of it comes pre coloured..... I would advise doing as she did and glue it though because if your press the right place it would come to pieces again....thanks guys ..hopefully this kind of response will get her on the building train..

Regards Danny

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Fantastic work by your Grand Daughter Karis, Danny. That Titanic looks very smart indeed, a nice clean build. I reckon get her a few easy build aircraft and take it from there.

N

noble

this is fantastic work for someone so young and they should be very very proud five very large stars.

Scott

T

treyzx10r

Danny thats awesome,and a top notch looking effort as well! You've every right to be the proud GrandPa! cheers Trey

B

Bunkerbarge

Danny, I hope she gets to read all this thread and know just how proud we all are of her. She is amazing for taking the initiative and making such an amazing effort at only nine years old. I didn't even paint my first few models, I was just chuffed I managed to glue them together!!

I don't know about a modeller's wife, she is going to make a very good modeller!