My Great War build

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Thank you all for having a look. It was all very new to me apart from the Aircraft (my comfort zone) but I did quite like the tanks. As I said earlier somewhere, seams, who cares about seams on a tank - "no sandpaper was used in the construction of these vehicles" And as for re-scribing panel lines......................................!

\ said:
Great work Colin, the tanks and the dio. What did you use as reference for the trenches scenario?
References - err well Mike, google and lots of it. I'm not a dio builder by nature, so I relied on everyone else's hard work and research.

So to finish off, A couple of pics of the SE5a, this was the one who was finished the night before the event.

View attachment 86522

A bit of a dodgy pic from a phone, but you can just make out all the little metal eyes in place for the rigging.

View attachment 86521

View attachment 86523

View attachment 86524

And finally, a couple of the overall display.

View attachment 86525

View attachment 86526

View attachment 86527

So, I'm all modelled out. This little lot took quite sometime to get together so it's likely to be a while before I 'pick up the plastic' again. But I kid you not, the wife has just suggested I start on my 1:32 He111, just a little model then !

Thanks all again.

Colin M.... (off to cut my 4 foot grass)

IMG_0393.JPG

5.jpg

IMG_0399.JPG

7.jpg

Display 1.jpg

Display 2.jpg

IMG_0478.JPG