My layout in the making

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
Well i done another one and cut them both and tried a class 47 over them but i did something wrong i cut them offline of the join but nevermind we learn by are mistakes and here is a pic

cuts.jpg

and here is two videos of it running over the joins but they are abit dark due to me using my brothers digi cam.

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=DSCF0022

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=DSCF002344

Last edited by a moderator:

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
Well i need 7 packets of peco rail joiner to finish the track laying off but i couldn't buy any packets of rail joiners till next weekend but my dad said he and my mum will buy them for me and i give them the money back next weekend when i get paid so i can finish the track laying tomorrow now yippy and get those trains running.

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
Done two more track joins today with the smaller screws i bought as i couldn't get the nails i wanted but nevermind,i might try and do another two before it gets to late so here's some pics of the track joins.

trackjoin.jpg

trackjoin1.jpg

trackjoin2.jpg

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Thanks for those vids, I would have liked to have seen more of the layout and it's size, looks a beauty :smiling3:

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
Will do tomorrow john when i have made a mount for the cam to sit on then i can get the whole layout into view.

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
Here's my long awaited vid of the flying scotsman again but this one is longer as i got the train to go all over the layout now i fixed the problem i had with one of the points,anyway here it is

http://www.savefile.com/files/1748691

If you are watching it in windows media player it is best viewed at 50% video size as it saved it at 640x380 when it was done at 352x288.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Here's my long awaited vid of the flying scotsman again but this one is longer as i got the train to go all over the layout now i fixed the problem i had with one of the points,anyway here it is http://www.savefile.com/files/1748691

If you watch it in windows media player watch it is best viewed at 50% video size as it saved it at 640x380 when it was done at 352x288.
That is a nice size layout, thanks for the vid :smiling3:

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
I'm gonna try and get one of the whole layout from the 6ft wall so it shows the whole layout towards the wider end of the layout, but i might use a different loco for that one than the scotsman.I also bought another webcam like the one i used for that vid so now i can video from two different angles as the other webcam i bought wasn't that great,but glad you like the vids john and more to come.

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
Here's an updated on my layout

This first photo is of my webcam's i used to do the vids

webcam.jpg

And these are of the layout today with the locos and rolling stock out

6FTend.jpg

6FTcorner.jpg

6FTmiddle.jpg

7FT5inend.jpg

HillTop.jpg

These photos are of the removeable section and the track joins

removeablesection.jpg

DSCF0020.jpg

DSCF0019.jpg

And this one is of my control box for my controllers and switches

DSCF0014.jpg

B

Bluewavestudios

Coming on nicely now Steven,

You are lucky enough to be able to have a whole room to set up the layout in....all you want now is a small fridge for some beers to chug down whilst you are operating the trains....that'd be the first thing I'd do !!! :smile1:

Regards......Mark

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
Well not much has happened to the layout over the last few weeks and i have been thinking about making the station more better,but to do that the station is now on the upper level and i have some hidden siding under the station so here's the updated track plans.

The first one is the lower level plan and the second one is the upper plan.

View attachment 13139

View attachment 13140

updatedtrackplan3.jpg

updated track plan0.JPG

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
Just added up the prices for the track needed for the changes and it comes to £108.35 as i have some of the track allready which helps alot in the costs,in october all the point motors will be bought for the layout as will all the other electrics needed.

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
On another forum i am a member of and a member was abit confused i think of how my layout was so here is another way to show how it will be.Also the colours are to show whats what on the layout so the red is upper level,blue is lower level,and yellow is the inclines to and from the upper level.

This one is the lower level part of the layout with the inclines to and from the upper level

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/dynamite26/coloured1.jpg

And this part sits above the hidden sidings

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/dynamite26/coloured3.jpg

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
Me and my parents have been talking about relocating my layout so they can have the room back as a spare room but the loft is out as it ain't big enough to fit it in,so my parents are letting me have a metal garage to house my layout in the back garden and the garage will measure 18ftx10ft.

So hopefully before christmas time my layout should be moved to the new premises but before this all happens my dad has to get the VW beatle restored to a rolling chassis,then it can be moved to the garage down the road from are house and the garage to house my layout can be bought and then fitted out ready for it to be moved in.

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
I got the length and width wrong of the garage as it is 17ft not 18ft long and 9ft 7" not 10ft wide don't know were i got 18x10 from but never mind still a bigger space to have it in.

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
This is the Garage we will be getting

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Your own work space, how cool :smiling3:

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
Yep can't wait but it will be afew months before anything happens but my layout will stay up in the bedroom so i can still work on it, but as soon as the garage is bought and built the layout will be dismantled so my mum can move the wardrobe into the room aswell as some other things and when the garage is fitted out the layout will be moved in.