My modelling beginning, picture heavy

M

MPal

Hi. I am new here, having just started modelling at Christmas.

At the moment, I have completed 5 models since then, have one on the go, and some waiting to be made.

Thought I would share with you all. Constructive criticism welcome, although please consider how new I am to modelling.

All of the models are brush painted using Revell AquaColour acrylics.

My first build was a Revell Micro Wings series Spitfire:

This was rapidly followed by a 1/144 scale Tornado Gr1 from Revells. I had some problem with some of the decals, bt all in all was quite pleased with it as its so small:

I then made my final Christmas present model, which was a MicroWings Typhoon

Then started on my desired scale (out of budget and space constraints)

First of all, an Airfix Messerschmitt BF109 E4. I used some license with the colour scheme here. Also was my first time matt coating a model, and didnt relise I needed to mask the canopy. Still, lesson learnt. I also used one of my girlfriends hairs for the antenna cable, and had to do some sanding to rectify a wing dihedral issue:

Then an old tooling of the Airfix 1/72 scale Hurricane Mark 1

I now have on the go, an Airfix 1/72 Spitfire Mk1a, the one with the very deep panel lines. I will do a thread for that as its currently a WIP.

P

Polux

Thanks for sharing this pictures with us Mr M.!

Looks fine to me!

Remember the most important is fun with your new hobby. My advice is learn from all members here, everyone has his "qualities"!!

Regards

Polux

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Not bad, not bad at all, sorry, a quote from ID4.

If this is your beginner stuff I don't think you've got much to worry about.

Tony.

Ps what's your name mate?

M

mobear

really nice work for such small planes,and you say its your first lot so cool,i was totally rubbish at mine lol,love yours,really like the tornado in 1/144

mobear

1275GT

Some nice stuff there, mate.......I still don't know how people do 1/144 stuff! And nice to see SWMBO comming in handy.....does she know????

Cheers, Neil

M

MPal

thanks for the kind words guys, and glad you think the models are ok.

Hopefully mant more to come in time

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
\ said:
Some nice stuff there, mate.......I still don't know how people do 1/144 stuff! And nice to see SWMBO comming in handy.....does she know????Cheers, Neil
1:144 - I don't know how people manage 1:72 !!!!

Well done, a good start and welcome to the hobby, enjoy it. You have certainly come to the right forum.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice selection of completed models there. The Hurricane, 109 and Tornado are my favourites out of that lot, nicely done

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I can see you area clearly mastering the art very well, from Christmas until now, your skills are on the up and up. You should be well happy.

M

MPal

Thank you for the encouraging words. I do feel their has been a progression.

Wheels and canopies are my main problem areas.