My N-Gauge Layout from last year

P

Paul1978

Alright people.

Even though i now do armour modelling, last year, i took on a project never done before to make a tiny N-Gauge layout for my stepson. It took me a couple of months to build and getting the right equipment here in Russia is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo difficult. So when my parents came to visit they brought me a couple of trains (Fleischmann) and a controller (a decent one) The layout is only 100cm by 75cm since Russian flats are pretty small and space is therefore an issue. Even though my layout is a year old, i was quite proud of it (despite it being basic and small) but it was my first ever attempt and it really pushed me back into modelling since my teenage years :smiling3: However, with space becoming ever increasingly short, i sold the layout for about $3K to a Russian who wanted one for his summer cottage.

I was worried about the current visa crisis here in Moscow but i found out earlier today that i'm fine unlike many others and will build another better layout in the near future... and sell it for an extortionate profit :smiling3: See, there are some good things about Russia, not just the beautiful ladies everywhere :smiling3:

Here are a few pics :smiling3:

Paul

View attachment 20541

View attachment 20542

View attachment 20543

View attachment 20544

View attachment 20545

View attachment 20546

View attachment 20547

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

D

dubster72

Not being a train person, I'm probably not best qualified to comment, but that looks good to me Paul. And stop with telling us how much you sold them for-I'm crying into my bank statements here! Only kidding-I just don't look at them! Patrick

P

Paul1978

Ok Patrick, I'll stop boasting about the prices :smiling3: Don't think it's luck, there are just so many Russians with more money than sense. :smiling3:

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
beautiful ladies everywhere :smiling3: Here are a few pics :smiling3:

Paul
Where I can't see the pictures only one's of your layout :smiling3:

I started doing a n gauge layout, spent a fortune of trains, rolling stock, scenery etc and never got round to doing it, I think if I could have got that sort of money for it I might have been a bit more motivated :smiling3:

P

Paul1978

Alright John.

Yes, the locos and rolling stock weren't cheap and bumped up my budget somewhat. I discovered once it was built i immediately got bored with it hence whey i realised i was more into the modeeling rather than the operating side. :smiling3: