my new build/ project.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Sue now thats better some nice big pic that we all can study an look in close up to see the details if you do half as good a job on this as your fairy we will be in for a treat
chris an jen

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I am sorry about the pictures quailty .
Need thing to cut out the windows
Looking good so far Sue. I always like the start of a new kit, the possibilities seem endless ;)
HI Sue well now no need to worry about the pics as i think they are great so no worries on that account an be CAREFULL useing a knife cutting out the windows always pull the knife away from you when cutting as its very easy to stab your self as i did this so i know how that feels not very nice i can tell you an like tim says its great starting a new kit as you can let your imaginenation run away with you an you just dont have to stick to whats in the kit you can add other things to make the dio better than the makers show on the box top so build build build an more to the point enjoy it an have fun
chris an jen

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Buildings are always enjoyable Sue, I shall grab a seat if I may .
YEA John grab a seat with me an jen an Tim as we are at the front an Sue makes lovely coffee but no matches please lol
chris

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
Looking good so far Sue. I always like the start of a new kit, the possibilities seem endless ;)
Thank you Tim. Yes starting this kit I am looking forward to seeing how it progress on wards. I must admit I am on a tight deadline to get this finished by Xmas as its a Xmas theme model of a manger. I have purchased another model from Scale Model Shop of a medieval castle...... Sue

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
HI Sue well now no need to worry about the pics as i think they are great so no worries on that account an be CAREFULL useing a knife cutting out the windows always pull the knife away from you when cutting as its very easy to stab your self as i did this so i know how that feels not very nice i can tell you an like tim says its great starting a new kit as you can let your imaginenation run away with you an you just dont have to stick to whats in the kit you can add other things to make the dio better than the makers show on the box top so build build build an more to the point enjoy it an have fun
chris an jen
An endless loop of possibilities. I could endup building a village. . I use a Stanley knife to cut the cardboard but I did cut away from me. But Chris I will be carefull.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Sue
A hint, if I may. When cutting cardboard blades can blunt relatively quickly. If they do, change them out. A dull blade means you use more force, potentially losing control of the blade and cutting yourself or, more importantly, damaging the model ;)

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
YEA Tim is right there Sue cardboard soon dulls the blade so as Tim says change blades regually as we dont want you cuttin yourself an a medieval castle....oh i'll look forward to that one as i built a fairly big one myself for a freinds son as he loved to play at knights of old an fightin around the castle an with all the figures it looked great
stay safe
chris an jen

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
Hi Sue
A hint, if I may. When cutting cardboard blades can blunt relatively quickly. If they do, change them out. A dull blade means you use more force, potentially losing control of the blade and cutting yourself or, more importantly, damaging the model ;)
Hi Tim. Many thanks for your kind advice. I think I will put a new blade in the stanley knife to be safe. But yes Tim I was applying quite a bit of pressure when I was using the Stanley knife to cut the windows.... :smiling: Sue.