my new build/ project.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Sue we are really glad to see you enjoying your build an as the guys are saying its comin on great looks like you learnt three new trades by the time you have finished this build an thats bein a brickie an a painter an a tiler wow Sue you have done things that i have never done congrats on that very well done
chris an jen

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
HI Sue we are really glad to see you enjoying your build an as the guys are saying its comin on great looks like you learnt three new trades by the time you have finished this build an thats bein a brickie an a painter an a tiler wow Sue you have done things that i have never done congrats on that very well done
chris an jen
Hi Chris. I painted the walls (cardboard) inside with magnolia paint, I put a sheet of sandpaper as flooring inside, the crushed bricks in put on top outside edges to cover cardboard pieces. Just roof tiles left to do and repaint figures.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris. I painted the walls (cardboard) inside with magnolia paint, I put a sheet of sandpaper as flooring inside, the crushed bricks in put on top outside edges to cover cardboard pieces. Just roof tiles left to do and repaint figures.
OH well done Sue you are really getting stuck in on this build so you must be enjoying it an you just say just the tiles an figures to do wow an you thought it would be a job to do before christmas as its a manger dio you you will be done an time to spare an have you got your tower yet ? an more pics please
chris jen

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
OH well done Sue you are really getting stuck in on this build so you must be enjoying it an you just say just the tiles an figures to do wow an you thought it would be a job to do before christmas as its a manger dio you you will be done an time to spare an have you got your tower yet ? an more pics please
chris jen
Hi Chris. Yes I have got the tower. I will take so pictures of the kit.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking good Sue and solidus for being late to the party!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Thank you monica. I just get ideas come into my head..... Sue
hi,thats the same with me,as well ,think makes for an interesting build,you must
do what you like or enjoy,is the most important,
keep up the good work, ;)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Going along nicely Sue. Follow your instincts and this will continue to grow....it’s a creative hobby after all, not simply a jigsaw puzzle....

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
Excellent work Sue.

Same with me. I make a start with a very basic idea and then hang around for something to stir in my brain! :upside: = :thumb2:
Thing is salad dodger Im was doing something else and I was suddenly looked at my model and the word sandpaper popped into my head strange . But yes you start with an idea and it turns into something bigger different. But with the help from the forum members here my model has been made better and they have inspired me to look at a my model in a new way with ideas .

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
Just post the question in the proper chat thread and anyone interested will pick up on it and post a reply. Looks real good so far Sue,
looking forward to see how the roof goes. Rick H.
OK Rick, Cheers. . Oh the roof I've never layed tiles before could be interesting in doing this..... Sue

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Thing is salad dodger Im was doing something else and I was suddenly looked at my model and the word sandpaper popped into my head strange . But yes you start with an idea and it turns into something bigger different. But with the help from the forum members here my model has been made better and they have inspired me to look at a my model in a new way with ideas .
SEE Sue i told you would enjoy it on here as there are some very nice people on here an helpful an you are beginning to think like i do about idears poppin into your head an like ron also an i should say like all the other guys an gals as ive seen monica do a crackin dio involveing a DODDEL bug V1 keep up the good work on the tilein Sue
chris an jen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Sue, just stagger each row by 50 percent or half way so the edges of one row don't line up with the previous one you just put down......also, you want to start at the eve or outside edge of the roof and work your way up to the top or peak as it is called......there, roofing 101 completed.....look to other experts for the Master class........can't help there, :rolling: I'm just a "piker"!
Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Sue, just stagger each row by 50 percent or half way so the edges of one row don't line up with the previous one you just put down......also, you want to start at the eve or outside edge of the roof and work your way up to the top or peak as it is called......there, roofing 101 completed.....look to other experts for the Master class........can't help there, :rolling: I'm just a "piker"!
Rick H.
well Sue Rick has given you an idea how to start hope it all goes well as we'll be watching
chris an jen

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
In addition to Rick’s hints, start with the bottom row and work upwards. Each layer should overlap the top of the one before. Look at a real roof to see what I mean.....
Great stuff so far, by the way!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
In addition to Rick’s hints, start with the bottom row and work upwards. Each layer should overlap the top of the one before. Look at a real roof to see what I mean.....
Great stuff so far, by the way!
Well said Tim yea Sue have a look at a real roof
chris an jen