my new build/ project.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Oh Chris I hope my tiling goes well ..... Sue
Sue this is only a model which you are suppoce to enjoy doing just take your time an like the guys said have a look at your roof but just do the best you can if it dont work out no worryies as its at least you treid as ive done some things on my tiger that dint work out but you learn from your mistakes but so far in your moddeling i hav'nt seen any so enjoy but a little advise from me if you dont mind Sue an that is sit an look at it an just think of the best way to start as if you start off right then the tiles should just follow on each other but what you are doin is something ive never done so i'll be learning from you
chris

Last edited:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Sue this is only a model which you are suppoce to enjoy doing just take your time an like the guys said have a look at your roof but just do the best you can if it dont work out no worryies as its at least you treid as ive done some things on my tiger that dint work out but you learn from your mistakes but so far in your moddeling i hav'nt seen any so enjoy but a little advise from me if you dont mind Sue an that is sit an look at it an just think of the best way to start as if you start off right then the tiles should just follow on each other but what you are doin is something ive never done so i'll be learning from
chris
all very good advice Chris ;)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
JR..........It's not "Glue Sue".... it's "Sooty Sue" if you please :tongue-out: :tongue-out2::tongue-out: .......sorry, I couldn't resist the play on words!:rolling: Sue, JR. is correct, always check the fit and finish before final assembly........keeps the "Swear Jar" empty and helps to lower blood pressure as well. Cheers, and Model on, Rick H.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
You’ll be fine Sue, just follow John’s advice, think twice, stick once! Lay the bottom row first. When that’s done, start on the second row. The second row overlaps the bottom row and the gaps are offset (like bricks). This maintenance picture shows what I mean.
04F860C1-255D-453B-9579-84AD649CE8B9.jpeg

If it all goes horribly wrong (which it won’t), it can always be repaired and redone. Remember what Frank Spencer said...no man, what never done nothing, never made any mistakes.....

Hope this helps.
Tim

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
YEA Sue John- Rick an Tim are all right an that pic that Tim has posted above is spot on to give you guidence on this tile layin so if you just study the pic all should be ok but if not no worries as this is what modderling is all about TRYING an :thinking: jen says i am at times lol:rolling::smiling:
chris an jen

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
JR..........It's not "Glue Sue".... it's "Sooty Sue" if you please :tongue-out: :tongue-out2::tongue-out: .......sorry, I couldn't resist the play on words!:rolling: Sue, JR. is correct, always check the fit and finish before final assembly........keeps the "Swear Jar" empty and helps to lower blood pressure as well. Cheers, and Model on, Rick H.
Well Rick i could have been glue sue as if you had seen me hands :tears-of-joy:. I had more glue on my hands then i did on the model :tears-of-joy:;). You are right doing models certainly relaxed me i must say . The glue in this kit is fast setting so you only get seconds.......sooty glue sue :tears-of-joy::smiling5:

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
YEA Sue John- Rick an Tim are all right an that pic that Tim has posted above is spot on to give you guidence on this tile layin so if you just study the pic all should be ok but if not no worries as this is what modderling is all about TRYING an :thinking: jen says i am at times lol:rolling::smiling:
chris an jen
Hi chris ,IMG_5090.JPGIMG_5091.JPGIMG_5094.JPGIMG_5095.JPGIMG_5096.JPGIMG_5099.JPGIMG_5097.JPGIMG_5100.JPGIMG_5098.JPG

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks great Sue. If I’d posted a tiled roof picture I might have even helped you....sorry...I just assumed it was slates, not tiles :flushed:

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
Well that's it the model is finished . I have just to paint the figures . :thumb2: :upside::smiling5: . oh yeah.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Terrific result, Sue.
It's been a pleasure to watch it come together.

Ron
Sue, they are tiles ;) It’s me that cocked up!
There you go....neat as a pin!! :thumb2:

WELL HI Sooty Glue Sue an yea we have a crackin result which all the guys from above an me have been sayin you would do it very well done an you should be proud of yourself an we like the lighting really sets it off
jen an chris ps jen says you have exsseled yourself on this brilliant modeling