My new camera.

SWR

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ralph
Hello my Friends.
Well I finally got a new camera.
Nikon d3500 dslr camera with afp dx 18-55mm lens.
Have had a few practice shots and is miles better than my other camera.Now I just need to teach my self to use it to it's full extent.
All the best.
Ralph.
Z-nikon-d3500-left-lensOut.jpgNikon-D3500-DSLR-Camera-Body-18-55mm-Lens-Kit.jpg_640x640.jpgTech-Nuggets-nikon-d3500-afp-18-55-vr-flash-1.jpgNikon-D3500-AF-P-DX-18-55mm-f-3.5-5.6G.jpg

SWR

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ralph
Nice SLR, should do everything you want and more......there will be loads on the net about using that one....
Cheers Tim :smiling3:.
Definately a lot of reading to be done as there is so much going on with it.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Can't really go wrong by choosing Nikon.
Pete

Reactions: SWR

John

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have the same camera for work, I use it for product shots, you will need to mess about with white balance, use full manual mode, you will soon find the settings that suits you, I can even take good pictures of clear liquids in glass on a white background, which is hard to do.

carson.jpg

SWR

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ralph
I have the same camera for work, I use it for product shots, you will need to mess about with white balance, use full manual mode, you will soon find the settings that suits you, I can even take good pictures of clear liquids in glass on a white background, which is hard to do.

View attachment 344820
Great pic John.
I have been having a mess about with it and I am loving it.

Steve Jones

Apprentice Bodger
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
A great choice Ralph. Will it be able to make your models even better than what they all ready are though?? ;) :cool:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Enjoy the new camera Ralph. SLR camera are awesome, but take some learning. I had the hang of my Canon years ago but I've got lazy and just use my phone camera these days. I doubt I can remember the techniques using the SLR!

John Race

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very nice Ralph.
You will soon get the hang of it.

SWR

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ralph
Enjoy the new camera Ralph. SLR camera are awesome, but take some learning. I had the hang of my Canon years ago but I've got lazy and just use my phone camera these days. I doubt I can remember the techniques using the SLR!
I sure will Joe.
I have been having a good mess about with it while watching youtube videos.

John Race

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Cheers John:smiling3:.
Practice Practice Practice.
Yes indeed , i've had my Canon 5d for some time and still finding things out about it, Tim has been most helpful.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Back in print film days my experience with my Nikon F2 Photomic and later on the F3 higheyepoint were very successful. With lenses that ranged from 28mm to 600 mm I enjoyed a lot of options. They now reside in my closet and are redundant as compared to todays technology. Sad but true. Rick H.