My new camera.

• Thread starter Deleted member 4539
  • Start date

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
The Nikon software you should be able to download free having bought the camera is pretty useful. As John says Photoshop is the standard And is now on a monthly subscription.
what i do like about Nikon is they have tried to maintain as much back compatibility as possible, I am still using a couple of lenses from my old film Nikon SLR on my new digital SLR.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That is encouraging to hear Dave, at least my lenses will still be useful. Rick H.

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Ralph

Now that you have entered the world of DSLR's you know your wallet will never be safe. If you do feel like making another investment then I find this lens to be very reasonably priced and very useful since it operates down to f1.8 which means it works well in low light.

di lens.jpg

In addition, for photographing your models you can get what they call a close up Diopter attachment for this lens, which is again fairly cheap but means that you will be able focus down to super close up.

diopter.jpg

I use a somewhat old professional D300 camera and despite its age it is still a superb machine.
Good luck with your experiments.

John

Reactions: JR