My New Desk - How Exciting is That

First Name
Gary
I hope you are all sitting down.

desk.jpg

Only £83 and bought it from Wayfair until we move and then will probably get a larger one. But it will do except it fell apart whilst building so called Wayfair, who are excellent, who gave me a refund straight away and told me to throw it away. But using some connecting blocks, wood glue and some bigger screws I got it together. There are two drawers but the right jand one has a clamp on until the wood glue dries. So it looks OK and is basically OK but I spent several hours making it fit so happy with the refund and have a desk for the short term. I will get a daylight clip-on light for the edge but for now its fine. On the right is my corner computer desk....which will no doubt have some overspill...

Bobby Conkers

Sausage Fingers
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
That's nice. Always exciting when you get a broken freebie.

Main reason for chipping in, can you recommend a light as you suggest? I'd especially like one which is usb-chargeable.

First Name
Gary
I've spent many an hour researching lights Andrew. The choice is almost infinite. I'm going for a mains powered one but most of the ones I saw, clip on anyway, were USB powered. I think it depends on the ambient light in the room but I just bought my daughter this for reading in bed and its excellent but not an ultra brilliant light

and I know two people who bought this

Which is excellent apparently. And is USB powered not sure about the charging bit though as there is always some ambiguity between powered and charging

Bobby Conkers

Sausage Fingers
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I've spent many an hour researching lights Andrew. The choice is almost infinite. I'm going for a mains powered one but most of the ones I saw, clip on anyway, were USB powered. I think it depends on the ambient light in the room but I just bought my daughter this for reading in bed and its excellent but not an ultra brilliant light

and I know two people who bought this

Which is excellent apparently. And is USB powered not sure about the charging bit though as there is always some ambiguity between powered and charging
Thank you this, the first looks ideal so have ordered one. As you suspected, the second is powered although if it had been rechargeable I'd have gone for that due to the ambience settings.