My next build - what markings

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
With painting under way for my Ta152 my thoughts are turning to my next build, the Hobbyboss 1/32 P61 Black Widow.

There is some great nose art available and I have these:
60DE0326-5270-4BAD-BE3C-73745FD2D883.jpeg

But which should I do?

Night take-off or Coopers Snooper?

Or....

Take note.
Both aircraft are identical except for the serial number and nose art. What is more one has the nose art on the port side, the other starboard.

So what about both?
You cannot look at both sides at the same time after all. It means one of these superb pieces of nose art is not wasted and I am unlikely to build another P61.

What do you think. Take a vote.

Coopers
Take off
Or both.......

First Name
Dave
I’ve seen this kit built up and it’s huge.It will be interesting to watch yours come together.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Both.
Didn't Sally B at Duxford once have different nose art on each side?

Pete

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Both....
....and yes Peter, Sally B is Sally B on one side and Memphis Belle on the other, at least, she was when I last saw her two years ago.....there was also a rebuilt Bullied Light Pacific at the Watercress line that was Swanage on one side and Tangmere on the other, so in preservation at least there is form for this.....and in “The General” Buster Keaton wears Union uniform on one side and Confederate uniform on the other.....can’t think of other examples off hand, but there must be more......
Looking forward to this, quite an impressive aircraft.....

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Barry
You suggested the idea of one on each side and it seems very popular. I would certainly go with that
Jim

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Well thank you all - both it is then....

I should finish the Ta152 before Christmas and then I will get on with the P61....