My Next Builds are......

First Name
Gary
Once I've finished the monster filler task of the HE 111 I have lined up a nice Tamiya Bf109 G-6

But I have just ordered Tamiya Skyraider A1-J which looks a very nice plane indeed. Apart from the classics, Spitfire, P51 etc I am drawn to the less well known planes for their different designs and shapes. It's quite hard sometimes to find ones that aren't "run of the mill" and offer a different kind of challenge. But thats all part of the fun I guess. The hunt

Komedy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Warren
Once I've finished the monster filler task of the HE 111 I have lined up a nice Tamiya Bf109 G-6

But I have just ordered Tamiya Skyraider A1-J which looks a very nice plane indeed. Apart from the classics, Spitfire, P51 etc I am drawn to the less well known planes for their different designs and shapes. It's quite hard sometimes to find ones that aren't "run of the mill" and offer a different kind of challenge. But thats all part of the fun I guess. The hunt

I love cold war era jets especially some of the US stuff

First Name
Gary
Me too. The Skyraider is the propellor version but the cold war and Korean war jets like the MiGs and the Sabres as a for instance are lovely aircraft. It's an interesting era for all of them and I will probably start there with a Sabre, Starfighter, MiG, Sea Vixen, Hunter or Buccaneer so one or two of those. Maybe a Lightning if I can find a good one. As for the more modern jets, so far, I've found the choice a bit lacking