My Scale Model Forum history

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
No real favourite amongst these because I like them all for different reasons. These models are not usually displayed like this, they only came together because the shelves needed dusting and I happened to have the camera out! What made me post was because a lot of these were Scale Model Forum builds and is a bit of a history. I would have had the Kursk diorama up there as well but I couldn't fit it in.

Ah, memories...

Tried to change the name of this thread. This is of course a short history of my time on the Scale Model Forum!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Ta daaaa! Changed it for you Paul.

A nice little line up, but can you remember the order they came in. Can You see any change in Technic/skills? They all look pretty darn good to me.

Ian M

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Cheers Ian

I think the order was, from oldest to most up to date:

1/48 Me 109s first mottle attempts

1/48 Spit (wheels up motorised prop)

1/35 Hybrid Firefly with 60lb rockets -resin parts, super detail and kit bash, individual track links + duck bills (man that was tedious)

1/35 Stug III G (resin, photoetch,, Fruil tracks and waffle pattern zimm hand made with own stamp)

1/72 X-wing (with LED lights in engines)

120mm Tommy - Figure painting skills sharpened

1/16 Tiger 1 Late conversion. First RC model with quite a comprehensive conversion to the late version as seen in Normandy. Many scratch built parts, zimmerit etc.

1/32 109E with Galland figure. Photoetch, altered slats, detailing and figure painting.

I think my skills have improved over the years. I think the main difference is that now I'm better equipped to make a better fist of older and not so great kits. I also think that i'm better able to overcome set backs. As for technical skills I'd count these as fine soldering, figure alts, airbrush and painting skills continue to improve and my eyesight goes the other way!

It's a great hobby and I'm looking forward to many more dios and builds to come. I think I've got some crackers coming up, Eagle Transporter, Falklands task force dio, WW2 Nijmegen dio, BoB builds a-plenty and many, many more.

So many plans, so little time!

Cheers

P

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looking good, really good. It is funny that many a amateur model maker now has skills that many years ago a semi-professional model maker would have. Of course things like materials are better and of course knowledge, like this site, and the price of kits means that we can make a mess of a few items before we learn...hopefully.

Si:smiling3: