My Scratchbuilt Imperial Star Destroyer

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
spot on realy nice work there bud you should have made the original george would have been happy with that!!!!!!!!!!

john

S

Sky Raider

Outstanding work, i would contact George and ask him for a job. 5 Stars from me too.

Andy

M

munkster

Only just seen this - just "wow" - brilliant, what skill, love the fact you've chosen such a behemothic subject from the movies rather than something smaller or more obvious!

jspitza

Jeff
First Name
Jeff
Yes, I would cook that Man a chicken dinner all right! Perfect model building at its best. Thanks for sharing, Jeff

A

AJay

Work of art springs to mind...thanks for sharing your wonderful build : )

A

andygh

I just looked up awesome in my dictionary, there was a photo of this model on the page

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
A beautiful beautiful build.

You must have had some confidence not to mention b***s of steel when you set off on this one.

Watch out ILM a new players in town!

Thanks for making my day.

Tony

A

Armorbuilder65

Thanks again for for all the comments! It's really kind of funny how this build began: Although I have scratchbuilt small items/additions to store bought models, I never tried my hand at doing a complete subject. One day I was sitting around bored and started playing around with some styrene sheet and ended up building the bridge tower without any intention of going further.

I showed it to a friend and he encouraged me to build the rest so I gathered some photo references, stocked up on styrene, dug out my junk parts bin and proceded to build this ship backwards from the bridge tower down lol!

Robert

P

pneupack

Yeah WOW! brill job mate looks fantastic :thumbs-up: I am dumping nothing from now on :smile1:

Robert

M

m1ks

That is just totally awesome!

You can almost hear darth vader questioning princess leia

H

harrier-1973

No amount of adjectives could do this justice. It's one thing to buy and build a kit but quite another to fabricate something like this from scratch. I take my hat off to anybody who has the skill, imagination and patience to do anything like this. I wouldn't know where to start! Stunning.

Last edited:
W

Waffen Bucks

Simply stunning. The detail is amazing. Are you planning to place a few LED's inside the ship?

8furball

Robert,

That is quite amazing. I showed my son who's a bit of a Star Wars fan. Thumbs up from both of us!

Regards

Justin

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
wow if I could give more than 5* for that I would, you know what I would do if that was mine I would build a tiny imperial shuttle for the hanger bay.

top marks

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Awesome doesn't cover it! I can't think of enough superlatives to describe this. I'll simply say, great build.

Paul

First Name
Gregg
Just WOW, nothing else you could say!

Gregg